Chapter 14

"You perverted little...." I say through gritted teeth. He fudgin slapped my ass! I continue to glare at him while he and our friends continue laughing at his perverted actions. I shall one day get back at him.

It's lunch at the moment, and today's lunch is my favorite- pizza. People say school lunch is gross, and even though I agree with them, I cant deny the fact that sometimes our school lunch is actually good. Like the pizza, mozzarella cheese sticks, pb&j, oh and the mini cheeseburgers.

I see Susane walking alone with her tray in her hands. Seems like she can't find a place to sit. Which made me wonder where she sits everyday. I guess I never paid attention. "You guys mind if I bring over a friend to our table? She seems..I don't know, a bit uncomfortable and out of place. I feel bad," I ask my group of friends if it's alright to bring her over. They all nod and a few mutters quick 'yes'es. "Susane!" I call over. She seemed startled at first but then looked over to me, finally found where the voice came from. I motion for her to come over. She hesitantly comes to me and says, "yeah?" in a quiet voice. Why's she nervous? Is it because my friends were here too? "Why don't you come sit with us? My friends don't mind" I say with a smile. At first her eyes widen. "What? No no.." she looks down, why's she scared? "It's alright honestly, you can sit with us," Aaron speaks up. I send him a smile.

Susane froze when Aaron talked to her. Was she scared of the bad boy or something? Right..everyone is scared of the bad boy. Well everyone except his group of friends, in which I am included in.

"Don't be scared of him. I know he looks like a meanie, but I'll make sure he doesn't bite," I grin at him. In return he scowled playfully.

Susane hesitantly nods and I scoot over to give her space to sit in.

"Guys this is Susane," I start to introduce each other, "and Susane, this is Aaron, Matt, Jen, Amanda, Max, Jake, Aliyah, Dylan and Nate." They all say hi to her, to which she just nodded.

"So," Matt starts to say, "there's a party tonight at Justin's, we're all going."
"What's the occasion?" I ask.
"It's Friday."
I huff, "well that's a nice reason."
Aaron rolled his eyes at me, "have a little fun, Ms Nerd."
"I am not a nerd! In fact, I'm the farthest thing from a nerd." Everyone looks at me, silent, no expression.
"Okay maybe not the farthest, but still far," I shift around a little.

"We're going. Final" Matt stated. "Stacy, you want to join us?"

"U-um my name is Susane.." she says quietly without looking up at him.
"Right. So you coming?"
"I-I'm good. Thanks," she shakes her head. Poor Susane. I send Matt a glare, which in return of he shrugged.
"Susane, yes that's her name, is coming with us." I declare. Susane nodded at me.

"Come over to my place to get ready. We'll talk, too" I give her a smile and text her my address.

After that, we all just jump into our regular conversations. Susane wasn't really a part of it. She's just sitting there eating her lunch quietly, barely looking up or making conversation. I shrug at the thought and continue participating in the conversation with my friends.
As soon as lunch is over, my group of friends and I disperse, each going to whatever class we have next.

I have Science, Aaron has French, Aliyah has Algebra, Matt has Science with me, Dylan has Forensic Science, Amanda has Lab, Jen has dance practice, Max has dance practice too, Nate has cinema, and Jake has Latin. Susane isn't a part of our group, but since she's my friend, I'll tell what she has, which is Spanish.

After the period was over, I have only one period left, which is free period for me. I decide to go eat something in the cafeteria when I hear someone call my name. It's Susane. "Oh hey, Susane. You need something?" I ask.
"Nah just wanted to talk." I nod.
"Can I ask something?"
"Sure," she nodded.
"Why'd you act so scared and nervous and look like you were about to throw up when I invited you to our table during lunch?"
"I..well. I'm just scared of the crowd you hang out with" she admits.
"What do you mean?" I furrow my eyebrows, clearly confused.
"Well..you hang out with the bad boy of Aradale! And his friends. They're popular people, and now you're popular too. You're even dating the bad boy-" Um?
I interrupt her. I had to. "Excuse me, but I'm not popular," I let out a nervous chuckle. "And I'm not dating Aaron. He's just a friend. And trust me when I say this, Aaron and his friends are not 'bad'. They're just always having fun and that makes it seem like they're bad but they're really sweet and they're good people. They're not a bad crowd." I defend them. I just had to. They're my friends and they don't deserve the bad recognition people give them. They're good people and people deserve to know that. Yeah they're troublemakers, but that doesn't make them bad.
"I guess you're right, but still. They're the bad boys of Aradale," she shrugged.
"Unbelievable," I mutter, and leave.

*flashback*

"Do you wanna go somewhere?" Aaron asked.
"Sure. Where?"
"The lake, maybe? I just wanna chill and talk."
I smiled at him. "Okay."

We got in his car and he started driving towards the town lake. It's not crowded at all today. There's only like 10 people there.
"Ice cream!" I jump as the ice cream truck came in view. I tugged at Aaron's sleeves as I continued jumping. "Aaron I want ice cream!" He chuckled and started walking towards the truck, me still gripping onto his arm. "I swear sometimes you're worse than a 6 year old," i heard him mutter and send a glare in response.

"What flavor?"
"Hhmmmm I don't know."
He stared at me.
I throw my arms up, "there's so many to choose from!"
"What are you talking about! There's like three flavors in this truck. Chocolate, vanilla or strawberry!" He said as if I was crazy. Which I probably was.
I glared at him, muttered a 'you're no fun in ice cream land' and chose chocolate.

As I was eating my ice cream, and slathering it all over my mouth and face, I realized Aaron didn't get any. "Where's your ice cream?" I asked with furrowed brows. "Nah I'm good just watching you make out with your cone."
"Bery Phunny," I rolled my eyes. He shook his head, chuckling.

In five minutes, I was done with my cone and Aaron offered me tissues to clean up, which I gladly took.

"So what did you wanna talk about?" I finally asked.
He shrugged, "I don't know. Anything. I just like talking to you."
"Aww that's new," I grin.
"Yeah I was getting tired of all my jerk remarks, so today I'll be sweet," he smirked. "Watch you fail miserably," I laughed. "Eh you're probably right," he started laughing too.

"So, can I ask you something?" He nodded.
"Why is everyone at school scared of you? Why is it that I never see you hanging out, and i mean actually hanging out as friends, besides your group of friends?"

He looked to the distant. "People are scared of me because I'm the bad boy of Aradale. Although the ladies love and want me because I'm hot," he smirked at that. "And as for other people, they all want to be my friend because I'm well known and good looking, but they're too scared of my company. They think I'm bad news. They're too afraid to be my friend, and to be honest? I'm quite okay with it."
"Why?"
"Matt, Dylan, Max, Rodger and Jake are my true friends, and my best friends too. They know me. Like they really, really know me. They know about my bad boy act to suppress my feelings, just like you had guessed the other day," he smiled as I mirrored his expression.

*flashback over*

As I remembered our conversation that day, I didn't even realize I was lost in thoughts until I bumped into someone or something. I looked up to see what it is or who it is, and it's Aaron.

"Hey cupcake, what's wrong," he furrowed his brows. As soon as I saw him, I couldn't control my emotions anymore. I slammed my body to his, hugging him tighter than I ever did, and burst out in tears.