Chapter 13: The heart of the accepted

She was beauty and grace with no fear visible on her face. Looking at her, with her arm extended and with a gun aimed at him. Her form was sturdy with feet ready to move or jump away if needed. Her fierce cold eyes looked at him with all intent to shoot.

He knew he had trained her well, and he knew he had disappointed her.

BAM!

The door demanded attention as it flew wide open with the loudest of sound wood could produce. Dante and Neil crashed inside the room. Dante was holding a gun and pointing it to Sasha while Neil followed behind him.

The sound made Sasha glance behind her and to the door. Gavril saw this as a chance, but Sasha saw him move as well, so she instantly pulled the trigger to shoot. Sasha cursed the moment the bullet flew out of her weapon, knowing that she would miss. As expected he dodged that.

He quickly strode towards Sasha, grabbed her forearm with one hand and pulled. His strong grip slid down to her elbow and her hand opened instantly letting go of the weapon. His free hand caught the gun in the air. He then stepped behind Sasha, twisting her arms around her. 

Sasha grumbled in pain. Even if she struggled, Gavril's grip was too powerful. Through her squirming, he did not even budge.

"Commander..." Dante could only say. He could barely keep up with what happened. The Commander moved fluidly and easily that it almost felt like a well-practiced dance.

"I told you, she'd still have a weapon with her." Gavril said addressing his adviser and assistant.

Gavril unloaded the weapon with one hand and the bullets dropped. He could feel Sasha struggling underneath but he kept his grip firm. He knew that it would hurt but if it was Sasha she could handle it.

"Dante, wipe that footage from all the security cameras inside the room." Gavril commanded, "You two did not see anything."

"Commander that is outrageous! Captain Sasha clearly assaulted you!" Neil shouted his hands furiously pointing at Sasha.

"Nothing happened." Gavril glared at them once more, "Dante. I gave you an order."

Dante saluted, "yes sir." He then pushed Neil out of the room and closed the doors.

The doors closed and it was Sasha and Gavril inside the room again. Gavril bent down a bit and slid the weapon on the floor away from them. Sasha followed it with her eyes as it darted across the room.

Sasha continued to plan, now she included the position of her weapon as a factor to her plan. She still had another weapon on her so she could abandon that, but with Gavril this strong she knew it would not be easy.

"I swear to you Sasha, I have no hand in what happened to Daniel and Borian. I know you know me, and I know you know that I would never let anything happen to them, especially to Borian. Neil and Dante hid everything from me."

Sasha hissed, "Tell me! How could I trust you? You let yourself become weak and lost your authority inside your own office. Even if what you are saying is true, it just goes to show how useless of a Commander you are."

"YES!" Gavril suddenly shouted letting Sasha free.

"Yes, I truly had become weak."

Gavril went in front of the girl, "I had no idea what kind of Commander I wanted to be. I thought I could continue being a Captain and do things I did as a Captain everything will be fine... but this world... this world is full of powerful people, people who are smarter and had played this game far longer than me. And they are all fighting for control."