6. PLACE CARD HOLDER

6.

PLACE CARD HOLDER.  Use a place card holder in line with your motif or theme to ensure that your guests will be seated according to your preference (not theirs!)

I fought hard the tears that threatened to spill from my eyes when I saw the whole ballroom.  It was exactly as I have imagined it would be.  The colors, the hues, the lilies.  They were perfect.

“Welcome to my dream wedding.”  I murmured to myself.

“Welcome to the wedding that you’re going to best, a hundred times over… a few years from now.”  Ryder whispered against my ear.

I looked up at him and he gave me an encouraging smile.  Then he leaned his forehead against mine and he said to me, “Relax, Astrid.  You have to remember, it’s me you’re in love with now.”

And then he leaned forward and gave me a gentle kiss on the lips.  “And I love you more than your ex ever did.”  He murmured.

When I opened my eyes, I saw his handsome face, flushed with our kiss, his eyes were sparkling.  I found strength inside me.  He’s really going to help me do this. 

“We can do this.”  I breathed. 

He smiled.  “We are doing this.”  He leaned forward against my ear.  “Forget that we’re pretending.  We are not.  I really am your boyfriend.  And you are mine, Astrid.  I have eyes only for you.”

If a guy as handsome as that tells you that he has eyes only for you, you should feel like you just won the lottery of your dreams.  I felt like I won a once in a lifetime chance to be with the Prince I only see in my dreams.  And I thought I melted then and there.

It took me a while to realize that I did almost fall on my bum.  My knees turned into jelly with the look that Ryder gave me and the words he’s spoken to me.  He had his arms wrapped all around me, keeping me steady.

“Easy, love.”  He said in a low voice that seemed so familiar, so warm, so sincere.

I smiled up at him and then I kept myself steady.

“Let’s do this.”  I said to him.

We walked hand in hand into the ballroom.  And we were just in time.  Bryan and Geena were just settling in their seats after their dance. 

Nicole led us to our seats and I could hear people murmuring from all over.  I could feel hundreds of pairs of eyes on me and Ryder.

“What an entrance, Ash.”  Nicole whispered and I giggled nervously.

Ryder pulled the chair out for me, quite the perfect gentleman.  I found that Nicole sat me with Adam and herself and some people I have not seen before in my life.

I smiled at them shyly and then I gave Adam a peck on the cheeks.