25.

That's it!  I'm out of wedding related phrases so this chapter didn't come with a title.  Ideas are always welcome.  :-)

 25

The next morning, I woke up Ryder with kisses.  He smiled at me and then he held me by the waist, pushed me on my back and went on top of me.  There was no need for words after that.

It was almost noontime when we got up from bed.  I knew that Ryder will have to leave soon and this made me want to cry already.

“What time’s your flight?”  I asked him.

He smiled and pulled me to him.   “Tomorrow at ten.”

“Why?”  I asked in surprise.

“I canceled my meeting for today.”

“Ryder… why did you do that?” 

He kissed me.  “I wanted to.  A day won’t hurt.  It’s our first day together… for real.  The first day that didn’t have to end.”

I gave him a hug.  “Geography’s going to be a bummer, won’t it?”

He chuckled.  He pushed a lock of stray hair away from my face.  “Let that be my problem.”

I stared up at him.  “that’s not fair.  I don’t want you to stress yourself out too much traveling so often to Malibu.  I know you live most of your life in Manhattan.”

He smiled at me.  “You know the solution to that problem, love.  But until you’re ready, I’ll fly to Malibu as often as possible.” 

I hugged him.  I wanted to cry.  I miss Ryder already. If I want to solve this problem, I only need to make a move to Manhattan myself so Ryder need only to fly back to Malibu once a week.

I gathered my clothes on the floor.  Ryder did the same to his.  Just then I remembered one thing, Ryder and I didn’t wear any protection.  I sat back in bed quietly, thinking.  In New York, Ryder didn’t wear one either but he withdrew.  Now, I don’t remember him doing so.

“Something wrong?”  He asked.

I shook my head nervously and stood up to go to the bathroom.  I was nervous.  I wasn’t counting the days of my period, because I wasn’t sexually active. That was obviously before Ryder. I tried to remember the last time I had my period.

I felt Ryder pull my hand so I can sit back in bed.  He tilted my chin up so I can look at him.

“Tell me.”  He said.

“I told you there’s nothing.”  I said.

He narrowed his eyes.  “I know you well by now, Ash.  For months, all we had were signals and moods, and I had to decipher every sign that you threw my way because I couldn’t go ahead and demand my answers verbally.  So now, I know that something’s bothering you and please… I’d like to know."

I stared back at him.  I took a deep breath.  “You didn’t… withdraw.”  I said quietly.

He was taken aback by what I said and then he laughed.  He pulled me to him in a hug.  Then he whispered, “Every queen needs a prince or princess in her ever after too, doesn’t she?”

I pinched his arm.  “Ryder!”

He laughed again.  “Okay, so let’s discuss this.”  He said.  “I honestly don’t mind.If it happens, as long as it’s with you, I’ll be the happiest man on Earth, not that I'm not already.”