Chemical Attraction Chapter 14

Chapter 14

Recap: Exerting slight pressure, he slowly leaned down towards me, his eyes fluttering shut. My heart drummed so fast in my chest that I thought it was going to explode and my chest was squeezing tight. The air around me seemed to strum with excitement and energy, and shivers flooded my body as his lips drew closer and closer…

So soft that it was almost unbearable, Mr Cooper brushed his lips against mine, hesitating for a moment before fully capturing my lips with his. The kiss was sweet and tender, and warmth gushed from my heart, filling my body with heat. My own eyes closed and my hands moved up to his hair as my fingers tangled in the silky-smooth curls.

I pulled away to catch my breath before he dragged me closer with a guttural growl. He deepened the kiss and I clutched handfuls of his hair, my head swimming from the intensity and passion I was experiencing. Blood was boiling in my arteries and fizzing in my veins. One of his hands caressed my flushed cheek, while his other slid down to the small of my back, welding my body to his. I felt a deep thrill as our mouths opened together, our tongues twisting sensuously with each other. He moaned into my mouth, and my toes curled and my knees buckled as my hands clasped around his neck for support.

Without breaking the kiss, Mr Cooper manoeuvred me until my back was pressed against my bedroom wall. My skin was on fire from his touch and I greedily grabbed fistfuls of his shirt, trying to draw him even closer, impossible though that was. I could feel how excited he was, causing my longing to increase as hormones raged through my blood. I was beginning to feel dizzy from lack of oxygen but the thought of releasing him was intolerable. Our breath mingled as we gasped for air, still holding each other tight, lost in our own intoxicating world.

A loud knock at the door brought reality crashing back down and I shoved Mr Cooper away in shock.

Adrenaline rushed through my body as I remembered that the door was unlocked, and whoever was there could simply walk in to find us here, flushed and out of breath with our hair all messed up. It would be only too easy to figure out what had happened, and we stared at each other, aghast. Thousands of thoughts were simultaneously racing through my head; I couldn’t believe I had been standing there kissing my teacher!

“Hey, Phoebe! It’s Jo-Jo!” A bright voice chirped from outside the door. “Are you in there?”

Panicking, I grabbed Mr Cooper by the shirt and dragged him towards the bathroom.

“Just coming,” I called out, trying to hide the worry in my voice.

To my horror, the handle of the door started to turn and in the nick of time, I shoved Mr Cooper into the bathroom, slamming the door on his surprised face. I whipped around as the door to the hallway opened and Jo-Jo stepped in, smiling happily.

“Why did you just walk in?” I demanded. Jo-Jo’s eyes widened at my tone and a puzzled expression settled on her face.

“I thought you said, ‘just come in’,” she replied in bewilderment. I laughed nervously, silently berating myself for using those words. Jo-Jo looked at me properly, her eyes taking in my tangled hair, crimson cheeks and heavy breathing. Her eyes then flicked across to my rumpled bed sheets. A knowing smile crossed her face.