Chemical Attraction Chapter 19

PLEASE READ: IMPORTANT

First of all, I'd like to apologise to all my fans for being gone for so long! I have some good news though, I got an offer from Oxford University, which has been my dream for years! :D :D :D So I'm really really happy about that, and I'm sorry that preparing for my interviews meant I had to stop writing for a while.

Sooo, this chapter stops before I originally planned, as it was getting ridiculously long, so I'm getting the rest of it up asap, probably before christmas! So expect another upload soon! (I mean it this time :P) This chapter might not seem like it, but there is a lot of stuff mentioned here which sets up future events, so it's quite important even if it is only a dreaded filler chapter.

My 'Mr Cooper's POV chapter' has less than half the amount of views than the rest of my chapters, and a lot of fans seem confused about how to find it. So I have put it on the external link, all you have to do is click it :P Please take a read! That's if you want to know what Mr Cooper was thinking before the kiss ;)

PLEASE VOTE/COMMENT/FAN!!! I honestly freaked out when my votes on the last chapter went beyond 100!! So thanks for that, I love you all! :D Enjoy :P

Chapter 19

By the time break ended, the rumours had already spread. I had left the piano recital room, my heart brimming with emotion, yet strangely at peace with myself, with the sweet, melancholy melodies still echoing around my head. Finally playing the piano had given me the release I had desperately craved, yet which I had long pushed away in pain and guilt. But the moment I stepped back into the bright corridor at break, filled with noisy students, I was mobbed by classmates, eager to hear the gossip first hand.

“Hey, Phoebe! Is it true you slapped a teacher round the face?” A boy rushed towards me, his face bright with excitement.

“Er, no.” I said, completely disarmed by the exaggeration of the rumour. The boy looked very disappointed but another student grabbed hold of me, saying,

“I heard you knocked that old bat out!”

“No, I didn’t!” I exclaimed, pulling myself away in shock. “Sorry, I’ve got to go!”

I fought off the crowds as I hurried towards the courtyard where my group of friends always hung out. As I stepped outside, I saw Jo-Jo detach herself from the group and run towards me, my schoolbag grasped in her hands and a look of relief upon her face.

“Oh my God, are you okay?” She babbled, as she passed my stuff back. “I can’t believe you actually swore at Miss Jones! I guess you finally snapped, huh?”

I half-smiled at the look of admiration in her eyes, mixed in with slight worry.

“I’m fine now,” I assured her, as I shoved my arms through the straps of my bag. “I was just already having a really bad day.”

Jo-Jo frowned slightly, her eyebrows creasing together. “I know, I could tell. That’s why I passed you the note. I honestly didn’t think Miss Jones would react like that. I’m so sorry.”

“It wasn’t your fault.”

“Yes, it was.” Jo-Jo insisted. “And if you get into trouble for it, I’ll be there to take the blame.”

I smiled widely at that. “I think I’m more likely to get into trouble for swearing than for passing notes.” I chucked lightly but my stomach clenched with worry.