12. I've Tried Everything

"Ana?" Christian looked wide eyed between the pair when he seen a girl rush to kiss Jose on the cheek "Hey babe"

"Christian, Jose is engaged" Ana told him and relief washed over him.

"Hi you must be Ana? Jose's best friend?"

"Yeah and I'm so sorry he only told me a few days ago I barely got time to ask him your name"

"Oh it's Jade" she said happily pulling Ana in for a hug which she happily returned as the three of the began chatting away. Christian stood awkwardly with Teddy in his stroller "Oh and this is Ana's husband Christian and this little guy right here is Teddy" Jose said introducing Christian and Jade. Ana was a bit uncomfortable at the moment That's what you get for playing with fire Ana, you get burned.

"Jade" Christian took her hand as he snapped out of it. He glared at Jose who was grinning at him playfully. Christian and Jose took the bags while the girls took Teddy and walked ahead "You okay Christian?" Jose asked as Christian refused to speak "Christian it was just a joke, as much as you may not have noticed she is still nuts about you. We were going to tell you about the engagement and everything about Jade"

"Well I didn't find it one fucking bit funny" Christian spat at Jose who flinched "You probably loved every minute you got to spend with my wife and the mother of my child while I sat home thinking of ways to try and get her back. I went through hell over the past year with her not there and I am sorry for everything I caused her but I am not going to hang around to be messed with when I am serious about wanting her in my life"

"Calm the fuck down. You know what man, it wasn't even her idea, she didn't want to go along with it. I did and you know what I am not sorry for it. You put my best friend through hell when you threw her out on her ass when she was pregnant. She is right to make you wait to get back with her, you're lucky she even speaks to you after all the shit you did to her"

"Do you know what Jose? Just shut the fuck up because you haven't went through it and even though you may be engaged I can still fucking see the way you look at Ana" Christian was losing it and noticed how Jose stayed quiet "What is this? A cover because you couldn't get Ana? I'm not sorry for even saying that so now WE'RE EVEN" he shouted the last part as Ana and Jade turned around to find Christian and Jose sizing each other up, face to face ready to pounce on one another

"Christian?" Ana called and he backed off

"Jose? Come on" she flashed him a smile and he came to her side. She then told him to go and get the rental car and Christian took Teddy to his car "Ana is this over that joke with Jose?"

"Yeah" she guiltily looked down

"I heard he can be a bit over protective. I know he has some issues and stuff, don't get mad but Jose told me. Look I only found out as we we're boarding the plane and Jose rushed off as soon as we landed I couldn't stop him. Look my brother well he was adopted and had become very over protective and stuff over the years but you shouldn't mess around because our joke is their too far. You get me? Look it's none of my business but just give him a while he will cool off" she smiled at Ana who couldn't even begin to imagine what he was feeling now "Look I am going to have a long ass talk with that fiancée of mine so about shit like this. You seem really nice and I don't want to fall out or anything before we get to know each other some more but just listen to what I said Ana" she waved as Jose beeped the car outside the airport.

Ana made her way to the car where Christian sat waiting for her, he didn't even say anything or look at her. He just drove. She fidgeted with her fingers "Why?" he whispered, his heartbroken plea "I thought... You?.. I can't belie-" he stops shaking his head as they pull over and Ana realises they are just outside the apartments. "I'll get Teddy for you" he gets out as he scoops his son in his arms and walked ahead as Ana locked his car. They walked in silence to the elevator in her apartment building. As it reached her floor they stepped out still no word spoken between them since the car. Christian stood aside to let Ana unlock the door. She watched as he cradled their son and took him into his nursery and closed the door as quietly as possible.

"Christian I'm sor-"

"Do you even want me back ?"

"Christian?"

"Ana please just answer the question. Do you want me back ? I have been jumping through hoops, I have been doing a lot of shit just so I can see you more. I make sure I collect Teddy when I am supposed to and everything. I just...I don't..I don't understand" he sat down a little sob escaping him and his tears began

"Christian" she was beside him in an instant holding him "I didn't mean it, I just went along with a stupid joke, I know I shouldn't have but I did" she rubbed his back soothingly

"Ana I've tried everything just to get you back, I even went with you to Dr Flynn like you suggested I just want you back in my life, not just visiting I need you home" he sobbed harder and Ana's heart broke. "You said if I tried we could fix things, I have been Ana"

"Christian I know, I know, I'm sorry baby" she kissed his head and not letting him go as the sobs raked through his body. He moved so he could lay his head in her lap with his feet propped up on the sofa. He lay so he could face her, she seen the tear streaked face looking back at her. His eyes were full of emotion but the clearest one of all was the hurt he was feeling. "I need to go" he said after a few moments as he wiped his eyes getting up to a sitting position, he couldn't handle that she hadn't answered his question.

"Don't go Christian" Ana pleaded with him as she latched onto his hand

"I have to unless you give me an answer" he wouldn't look down at her, he was holding back another sob.

"I do want you back" she whispered but he heard it "I don't want you to go. Please stay?"

"Ana" he looked in the eyes before grabbing the back of her neck with a gentle force and colliding his lips with hers. She stood only for a second before reacting to the kiss as she grabbed onto his shoulders before throwing her arms around his neck pulling him closer as she ran her hands through his copper hair tugging gently. He held her close with his arms firmly around her waist. It was like time stood still for the pair as they kissed each other with so much passion until the need for breathing became a priority "You don't know how long I have wanted to do that for" he said between his rushed breaths. His boyish smile on show "You're not joking around ?" he said slightly concerned as he stood back to look at her.

"No Christian" she choked back a sob "I really didn't mean it, earlier it was a joke and I will make it up to you. I do want you back, I am not lying about that " he pulled her into his arms "I missed you Christian and it's been horrible to keep telling you no and giving you excuses to stay away, I was being stubborn and selfish on Teddy's behalf, we both need you, I need you"

"Oh Ana" he buried her face into the crook of his neck "I'm here baby, I'm not going to let either of you go, not now, not ever baby. It's been hell without you"

"But you're going to have to respect my wishes to do my own thing, I don't need escorts or people running around after me, I have been doing things for myself for a year now since we have been apart"

"I know baby, I'll do anything if you just come home with me" he said smiling through the tears "I just want you to come home Ana"