Chapter Seventeen

Just.... I'm really sorry it's been so long. SOME of you have been really patient with the fact that I get busy and life and I really appreciate it! I hope you like it. Unfortunately, this chapter isn't about Sam and Brittany's date, I started writing it and it just didn't feel right yet, but it's definitely in the next one!

Comment and vote if you like! I love love love comments:)

Chapter Seventeen

    Bright and early Monday morning, I'm the first one awake which is surprising considering I'm usually the first to hit snooze. It's kind of nice not getting up in a hurry and rush around to get ready. I'm probably so awake because I barely got any sleep last night, I was too busy internally fighting with myself about Sam's situation. I should tell him, and with any other person I probably already would've blabbed about it.

    Even though Sam and Brielle have already broken up, finding out a person you trusted cheated on you is still a big deal. When I found out Josh cheated on me and I broke up with him, it hurt a hell of a lot worse when I found out he was cheating on me through the majority of our relationship. If I'm not the girl to bring out the jerk in Sam, maybe Brielle is and I definitely don't want it to change him.

    I think the most exciting thing about being up this early on a school day is that I actually have time to eat breakfast. At the end of the stairs I see a suitcase, letting me know that one of my parents must be home. As soon as I turn the corner, I see my mom sitting on one of the stools on the counter with a red solo cup sitting in front of her. Shit. Brian and I must've missed one when we were cleaning.

    "H-hey, mom," I greet.

    "Good morning, Brittany," She pauses, picking up the cup and looking at me. "This, was in between my sofa cushions when I sat down," she says.

    Who the hell shoves their cup in somebody's couch? We have some shitty friends. "Talk to Brian," I simply say.

    My mom chuckles. "It's expected, parents go out of town, teenagers throw a party. Your father, on the other hand would be angry, you're lucky I found it."

    "I had every intention of spending my Sunday watching Netflix," I inform her.

    "A responsible parent would ground the both of you from doing anything this weekend."

    "Would you reconsider if I told you that I have a date this weekend?" I check.

    My mom perks up, smiling. "You have a date? With a boy?"

    I nod slowly, not expecting this reaction from her. "Girls these days are such high maintenance," I remark, sarcastically.

    "Is it serious?" She asks, ignoring my comment. "You haven't mentioned a boy in such a long time, he must be something to catch your attention."

    Even my mom thinks I'm a floozy, great. "He's a really nice guy, we're chaperoning his little sister and a boy she likes, it's no big deal."

    "It sounds like a big deal if you're mentioning it."

    "I like him."

    "Maybe you could bring him over for dinner this week so your dad and I could meet him," she suggests.

    I nod. "He's been tutoring me in biology, I'll have him come over here sometime."

    She clears her throat. "Your dad and I are going to be taking some time off work, so we'll be home more often."

    "Really?" I smile. "I think that's great, mom," I say honestly, although it makes me wonder why. "Why the sudden change?"

    My mom looks around, like she's unsure of what to say. "Before you know it, you and Brian will be in college; I just think it's important for you guys to have more memories before we send you off," she chuckles.