Chapter Twenty

ATTENTION LOVLIES: I have three chapters up of my newest addition. I have the next 17 chapters ready to go and will be uploading them back and forth on here and Radish! It's a really cool reading app and you should check it out! There's some really cool stories on there! Also, my username is the same if you want to look me up! Thanks so much and I'd love you 5ever it if you'd give Take Me Higher a look. The first few chapters are a little short but there's a lot in store! ❤️❤️

Hope you guys like it! Comment/vote or whatever! Thanks for reading!!

Just a little clarification, it's been two weeks since Sam and Brittany's date. It's obvious in the writing, but just incase anybody gets confused.

~I really like this chapter because it shows how vulnerable Brittany is becoming where Sam is involved. She's slowly letting herself open up to him, admitting that she's getting attached really quickly. And while it's super scary and new for her, she's definitely enjoying their time together. Brittany's even opening up to Jenna and Hayley, having girlfriends is also outside her comfort zone, but she's really making an effort.~

*PS, sorry if there are mistakes, I always knock out chapters best when I'm lacking sleep so forgive me. Hopefully it's not a complete mess. lol*

Chapter Twenty

"Tell me again why we're here? Do we really like these boys this much," Jenna whines, jokingly as we find seats in the stands.

"You know Brian wouldn't sit through hours of your cello lessons," Hayley adds, breaking off a piece of the soft pretzel I promised to share.

"You play the cello? That's impressive!" I tell her.

Her shoulders perk up and she smiles. "Really? I don't like to tell people because most think it's kind of dorky."

I nod, assuring her that being instrumentally inclined is interesting. "I can't even play the recorder from third grade, unless it's to summon Satan himself with a botched rendition of Hot Cross Buns," I joke, making them laugh.

The three of us have clicked pretty well these past two weeks. Even Hayley and I are on good terms, though I'm sure she's still more fond of Jenna for obvious reasons.

Jenna and Hayley fall into a conversations about classes and college applications while I give more attention to the game. I tried to get here for the whole game, but I rode with Hayley and Jenna and they weren't ready to abandon the mall on time. They left with bags of clothing while I just bought some body spray and a couple cute bra and panty sets.

We missed the first three innings, but apparently it wasn't too exciting. We're tied two to two. It's still early in the game and so far Sam's pitching really well tonight. Not that I'm surprised, we've spent a lot of time on this field after hours the past couple weeks. I feel like time used to go by so slow and now we spend so much time together that everything is going by so fast.

My grade in biology is up to a B, which is miraculous. Mr. Shearin let me do a few things for extra credit and he has more things for me to work on as long as I get at least a B on the midterm this week. That should bring me up to an A- in the class just in time for my overall grade to look even better by the time I have to show my final transcripts.

Sam and I have filled out a hefty stack of applications to various schools. We didn't purposely apply to the same places, but for the most part we have the same taste in universities. It's not like we've talked about going to the same school, but the more time we spend together the more I'm starting to realize that I don't want to be away from him next year. Something tells me that he feels the same way but both of us feel too...new, to actually say it out loud.