Chapter One.

The Boyfriend Borrower.

Chapter One.

"Slut," Alicia Evers says, directing it at me as I walk down the hallway. The way she says it is covered in fake coughs

I roll my eyes at her lack of maturity. Girls need to grow up and face the plain fact. "You're just jealous because your boyfriend likes me more," I reply, flashing her a bright-bitchy smile while walking past her and her snobby friends. I have millions of things to say back and I always win, but it's funny to see their effort, even if it is a complete fail.

Alicia Evers and I go way back. Back to over the summer when I hooked up with her boyfriend, Cameron Kristo. She has had it out for me ever since the secret leaked out that I was hooking up with her boyfriend long before the summer. You would think that she would be smart enough to dump him after he cheated on her. She's not.

Alicia used to be somewhat of a nobody before people started giving her sympathy because Cameron cheated on her. With me. If anything, I practically gave her, her reputation, but did I hear a 'thank you, Brittany' or a 'you proved to me that my boyfriend really is a douche bag'? No.

Somebody should really explain to me why a girl would stay with her boyfriend, even after he cheats on her. If he cheated once, here's a tip; he'll do it again. The proof is that Cameron even tried to hook up with me again, even after everybody found out. I declined his offer. Honestly, it's not fun when the crazy girlfriend finds out.

I walk into homeroom and look around the room for an empty seat, but the only one I see is right in front of Brielle Stern, and the Courtney sisters. Courtney Jenlind and Courtney Gregs aren't really sisters, but they've been friends since elementary school, all because they have the same first name. The Courtney's and Brielle coincidentally look very similar with silky, curly, bleach blond hair that falls just past their shoulders. That's where we contrast; my hair is long, deep brown, and straight. The Courtneys' are a little on the dumb side, which is why Brielle is there to keep them in check, because Brielle's not stupid. That's the one thing that Brielle and I have in common; we aren't stupid.

The Courtney's are beyond skanky. I seem like a saint, compared to them, because I at least have a reason behind what I do, they just sleep around. Brielle on the other hand is different from her friends. Every school has that girl the 'popular' girl, and that's Brielle. I'm not very fond of Brielle and it's a mutual feeling. I haven't slept with any of her past boyfriends, nor have I slept with her recent boyfriend, Samuel Jacobs; formally known as Sam. Brielle and I just genuinely don't like each other.

People would assume that I don't like her because I want to be as popular as she is, but that's not true. I don't even believe in the whole popularity thing. People like Brielle are only popular because other people give them the title. Just like I'm only a slut because people give me the title. Deep down, I know that I'm not a slut, but when I get called one; I just embrace it. I would never give somebody else the satisfaction of letting them think that they actually hurt my feelings. Not like they do anymore, I've become numb to that four letter word, just like all of the other creative words that people have come up with.

As much as I don't want to; I sit in front of Brielle and the Courtney's. I just pray that they don't sit here the whole class period and complain about their meaningless problems in their petty little lives. I hate having homeroom with them because it's not like we're in a class that's actually here for learning. It's where we work on homework for other classes, study for tests, and mainly it's a class that we can just blow off. Which is what I do.

Since I'm an over achiever, I do all of my homework at home, hence why they call it homework; it's work that you do at home. There may be a lot of things that I don't care about, but I have to care about school. School and my grades are the only things that guarantee me a ticket out of California. Beverly Hills is not the place for me, I prefer New York, where the seasons actually change. Beverly Hills is warm all year around so girls flaunt around in stringy bikinis, short-shorts, and basically everything else imaginable to get a guys attention. I should know; I do the same thing.