Chapter six

Austin's p.o.v

What the hell was that. One minute she was kissing me and the next screaming at me

I ran after her but in my state of shock was too slow. I walked up too her door and gently knocked

"Danielle are you ok, what did I do?"

I could hear sobbing but she had locked the door so I couldn't get in then I heard a faint whispering

"Austin i know you can hear me, it's not you it's me, can you just give me some time please"

"but Danielle"

"Austin please just leave me alone for a bit " 

I understood she needed time so I quietly went downstairs to the kitchen and had everybody leave so I was on my own. I went to the cabinet in the corner and pulled out a bottle of port, just what I need and I know I shouldn't drink it cos I'm a vampire and all but a couple of glasses every now and then doesn't harm. I should know I've being doing it for the past two hundred years.

Danielles p.o.v

I heard him go ad curled up into a ball and continued to cry. Every time a man gets too close I think he's gonna attack me and I can't help it. I run off even if I know that he won't attack me like Austin.

After about half an hour of sobbing I decide to get up and have a shower and it's the biggest damn shower I've ever seen. All you do is walk into this huge glass box and the water comes on After the shower I find something to wear and it turns out that my draws have been stocked for me so I pull on some shorts and a t-shirt and decide to go and find Austin to apologise for why I did.

I check his room and he's not there, I check his study, he's not there, I check round lots of empty rooms and finally I find him in the kitchens sat at the table nursing a glass of port. I walk up to him

"hey" I say

"Hi...."

"I'm so sorry Austin I .... I .....ran out on you it's just that erm .... Well .... I'm .... I'm scared of men getting close to me "

It all came out as one garbled sentence and I closed my eyes and waited for his response

"I know it's the way you're father treated you but I have to know more in order to help you Danielle''

"Austin you are probably the first man I feel I can really trust and if I tell you about what happened to me.....you won't say anything to him will you .... Or anyone for that matter"

He looked at me and said

"I won't tell anyone, I promise "

I sat on the table and he pulled me so that I was sat on the table in front of him. This was gonna be hard

"my father didn't want me, he wanted a son so he could pass down his alpha title but he didn't get him, he got me instead and hated me. But he didn't let the opportunity of having a daughter pass him bye ....... so he used me as a reward for any male werewolves that impresses him and therefor they all stayed loyal to him because that knew that one day that would have a chance ..... With me, so now, after all the years of abuse I get scared if a man gets too close cos ..... Well.....male werewolves aren't exactly gentle and I used to try and run away from them but they would always catch me so now ..... I still try to run .... So that's .... That's who I ran out on you. Even though I knew you wouldn't hurt me, I can't help it.

Austin's p.o.v

I can't believe it , her father used her out as a prostitute to anyone that impressed him and then forced her into marriage. What father does that..... Oh wait......her father, Jake.

I grabbed hold of Danielle's arm and pulled her onto my lap. Holding her close.

"I will never, ever hurt you, ever Danielle, physically or mentally and you are safe now because no matter what they say or if they want you back. You are not going"

"you really mean it" she whispered

"I will not let anybody hurt you again"

We both leaned towards each other and our lips met somewhere in the middle but before she got scared and ran off again I picked her up bridal style and carried her to her room and placed her directly in the middle of the bed

"thank you" she said

"what for I only carried you up the stairs "

"no not that" she said smiling "for everything and can I ask you something and I will understand if you say no but ....I hope you won't "

"go on" I said

"my best friend is called Lilly an when I was upset and scared and everything she was the only one who supported me and when I still lived in the pack she..... She was the only one who cared for me .... Yunno when the males had been a bit rough. She has been my best friend,my mother and my sister and she said that if .... If it was possible when I got here that I ..... Call her to tell her I'm ok so......

I looked at her, she still thought she had to ask for everything, to have permission and of course I wasn't going to stop her from talking to the person that just might have saved her life.

I walked over to the bed and sat down beside her, placing my hands gently on either side of her petit face "

''Danielle you can do whatever you want. This is our house and I think that it would do you good to talk to her, Maybe one day I should meet her"

She beamed at me

"but" I said "maybe you should call her tomorrow because it's late and although I don't need much sleep, I am feeling very drained and you look like you are about to pass out"

She nodded but as I turned around to walk out the door her face looked troubled

"Austin"

"yeah " I replied

"I .... I have one last question" 

I turned back around to face her and she looked like she was having an internal battle as to weather or not ask me this question

"will you ..... Will you stay with me tonight, not to do anything with me, just sleep, it's just I .....I ....."

She couldn't finish the sentence off but she didn't need to

"yes" I said

Danielle's p.o.v

Yes ??? He'd just agreed to sleep with me but not do anything. He must be the first.

I smiled shyly at him

"just give me two minutes" he said "im just of for a shower then I'll be back"

"ok" I said

He left the room and it felt strangely empty without him there. I felt empty without him.

I laid down on the massive bed and I was so tired I started to drift of.... The last thing I remembered was the bed dipping, a strong, sexy but clean masculine scent filling the room and a pair of strong arms wrapping around my waist. Making me feel feel safe, holding me whilst I slept.

-