Chapter eighteen

Austin's p.o.v

I woke up to the face of my beautiful wife. Still sleeping.

We had been in Paris a week and today we would be going home but not before I took danielle for one last trip romantic trip. A three course meal and champagne at the top of the Eiffel tower in private.

I was lost in thought when I felt a hand slide up my chest.

"morning hottie" I said grinning my childlike grin at her.

"morning" she replied as her hand made it all the way up my chest and back down again. She leaned up and kissed me on the lips as I wrapped my Arms around her and pulled her to sit on top of me.

She leaned down. Her face hovering over mine

"Leech?'' she asked

"yeah"

"Can you guess what I'm gonna say next" she said smiling

I laughed and rolled my eyes

"correct" she announced as she smiled and leaped of me. Pulling her silky dressing gown on

"I'm hungry"

**********

I had been ready at least an hour and I was still waiting for hottie to get ready. Jeez women take so long to get ready.

I hadn't given the surprise away I had just told her to put something nice on and hurry up. I'm sure she would have done the first thing I asked her because ..... Well Danielle looked good ...... No! Stunning in anything but I think she totally ignored my second request. To hurry up.

About twenty minutes later she emerged from her room in a simple red dress that hugged her body and ended just above the knee and her dark brown hair was all pulled back away from her face in a messy bun.

I walked over to her "hottie, you look amazing"

"Thanks" she said blushing

I linked her arm as we made our way to our car that was waiting outside

"so are you gonna tell me where we're going yet?" she said

"nope" I replied

every time she'd asked me where we would be going I would just shrug and every time she asked if I was going to tell her where we would be going or if i would give her a clue I would just reply with nope. And it was getting in her nerves. I could tell.

The drive took about ten minutes and all the way there she kept guessing where we were going and the closest she had got was "are we going to see the Eiffel tower" And I said nope because technically we aren't going to SEE the eiffel tower. We're going to dine on it.

I pulled up and Danielle looked at me

"I TOLD YOU WE WERE GOING TO THE EIFFEL TOWER" she said " and you said no"

I laughed "that's because we're not here to see the eiffel tower" I said

She have me a confused look so I got out of the car and went around to her side and extended my hand

"c'mon, I'll show you what were here for" she took my hand but said nothing

We were escorted to the top of the Eiffel tower but as we neared the top I put a blindfold over Danielle's eyes so she couldn't see.

We reached the top and once we were alone I took Danielle's hand and lead her to so she was standing just in front of the small table in the middle and had a full view of the city of love benith us. I reached up and pulled on the blindfold so it fell to the floor. Her eyes opened and she blinked a couple of times

"oh Austin" she breathed

***********

Danielle's p.o.v

I opened my eyes and was speechless. I couldent think of words let alone speak them.

I was stood at the top of the eiffel tower overlooking the whole of Paris.
Finally my brain started working again as I turned to Austin.

"oh Austin" I said

He wrapped his arm around my side and smiled

"you like it?" he said

"well I think like it is the understatement of the year I murmered

I took in everything. The city view at night the twinkling lights all around us. The small candle lit table for two.

"Austin this is ....... Perfect"

He smiled and turned to look me in the eye

"so Mrs De Monte, this is the all important question ....... You hungry"

I laughed "always" I replied

*********

The evening was perfect. In fact the whole holiday had been perfect but I suppose all good things have to come to an end.

The journey home was not an uncomfortable on on Austin's private jet and chaperoned cars and even though I loved paris. It was nice to be home.

As we had been away for a week Austin had a bit of work to catch up on So that left me with not a lot to do for a few days.

I wandered around the house hoping to find something to occupy me for a bit and for the first time I wondered what it would be like to be a normal wife. To have to do all the chores and cooking and cleaning. You wouldn't ever find yourself with nothing to do like me I guess.

I found my self in the library and decided to maybe try and immerse my self in a book for a while scene as there was nothing else to do.

I had been reading for about twenty minutes when suddenly I heard a loud bang come from outside the door. And another. And another.

I got up and quietly tip toed to the door and gently opened it but I couldn't see anything. It had come dark outside and all the lights were off. Strange.

I opened the door a little further and stepped into the hallway and tried to find a light switch. My hands traveled along the wall. Searching for anything that resembled a switch. Suddenly my legs hit something hard and I yelped in surprise just as I was about to look down my hands came across a switch in the wall. I flicked the switch on an the hall was flooded with light. I looked to my left to discover it was a small table I had bumped into. Strange. I don't remember that being there before.

Then......

I smelt it.....

A strong pungent smell I had grown accustomed to .....vampire .....

but this was much stronger ..... It could only be one thing .... Vampire blood.

I swivelled round and my knees buckled beneath me.

I fell to the floor with an ear splitting scream.

There.....in front of me laid Austin.

Not moving.

In a pool of his own blood with a wooden stake through his heart.....

"no'' I whimpered as I pulled my body over to Austin's

I lifted his head and placed it onto my lap and tears poured from my eyes.

"Austin" I wailed "please you can't leave me now"

I screamed for help but no body came. Not the maids, not the cooks, not the security. I was alone. Alone with the body of my husband.

There it was again, another bang. This time it came from the room I had just come out of. The library. I couldn't go. I couldn't even look to see what it was. All the energy I had was gone. I leaned forward and wrapped my arms around Austin's limp lifeless body hoping and praying that whoever killed Austin came for me next.

***********

Hey guys sorry I haven't updated in ages I have been really busy lately and just haven't had time

So.......What do you think to the chapter ???

Dun dun duuhhhhh !!!!!

Vote, comment, and follow guys :)