Chapter eleven

I made my way back to the house only to find Austin waiting for me in the kitchen with the same annoyed look on his face that he had earlier when he met Lilly.

"what" I asked him " I thought you'd be pleased to meet Lilly "

"oh, I was pleased to meet Lilly" he said calm "it's just that I don't think a lone female werewolf would be wandering around the estate of a strange vampire that she probably thought wanted to kill her because of her species .... do you?"

I then realised what he was getting at, he knew I'd gone out of the estate. I didn't think at the time. I thought I could just slip out for a run and come back without being noticed and everything would be ok. he would never know. but bringing Lilly back. oh God, I've really dropped myself in it.

I looked at him and he looked annoyed. Very annoyed.

"Danielle all I asked was for you not to go off the estate and you did the complete opposite" he said in an exasperated tone.

"look, I'm sorry it's just that the estate isn't big enough for my wolf to run in and I saw the fields and couldent resist " I said but when I looked up at him, his eyes were still clouded with anger and there it was that familiar feeling. He was angry and whenever a man was angry in the pack and I was near ..... Well he would take it out on me. I backed up until I hit the kitchen work tops and couldn't go any further. I was a caged animal.

I glanced up and gradually he was getting closer and closer to me. He wouldn't hurt me. Would he?

"plea...please d..don't hurt ..m..me" I whimpered "I'm ...s....s...sorry"

Austin's p.o.v

At first I was upset with her for doing the complete opposition of what I said but now I am not angry at her anymore. I'm angry with myself. I should have realised that her wolf would need more space that what I provided. I should have made sure my self that she was safe.

I was lost in thought when I heard a whimpering sound. I looked at Danielle and couldn't believe what I saw.

She was cowering on the corner as my huge frame towered over her. Her eyes filled with fear and she was pleading with me in a small voice not to hurt her.

Then the realisation set in. She had thought I was angry with her and was gonna take it out on her like others in her past must have.

"Danielle so sorry" I said in a soothing tone. "I would never hurt you, I'm not even angry with you, I'm angry with me for not realising that you're wolf would obviously need more space than the estate to run in"

She looked at me "it's ok Austin" she practically whispered

"no it's not, you were alone running in the forest, Danielle I have many enemies that would like to hurt you just to hurt me and I lo.... Wouldent want that to happen" I said wrapping her in my arms and pulling her close to my body

"look i was safe and if there was any sign of danger i would have come streight back .... Just ...forget about it ok " she said, I could tell she wanted to drop the subject so I nodded "ok"

"now" she said pulling away from my embrace "what are you or your servants gonna do me for dinner, I'm starving"

"what would you like my lady " I said

"what have you got " she replied

"we have everything"

"well in that case I'll have garlic bread for starters, spaghetti with extra garlic for main with a side of garlic pizza bread although I do fancy a pepperoni pizza for main and warm chocolate cake and ice cream for dessert so ... It's whatever you fancy cooking really" she said with a 'I'm innocent' look on her face.

I laughed at her and I could tell she was suppressing a laugh

"I think we shall give the garlic feast a miss" I said.

"ok " she said now laughing at me

* later that night *

Danielle's p.o.v

I was sat on the bed waiting for Austin to get out of the shower, we had just had another playful argument about me joining him but this time I am gonna stand my ground and wait. No matter how long he takes. So far he's tried singing, loudly. Keeping the door open. Asking me for things. And chucking a sponge to me and asking me to bring it to him. I refused and he had to come and get it himself.

As I am waiting, my thoughts wander back to this afternoon and what Austin said or what he nearly said to calm me down. Did he. Really. Was he really gonna say he lov.... Nah course he wasn't. I'm just being stupid. Imagining things.

With that he came out of the bathroom in just a pair of boxers and nothing else. He sat on the bed and wrapped his strong arms around me. His still wet hair brushing my face and neck making we squeal.

His arms locked around me and he leaned backwards taking me with him so I was laid on top of him. I turned over and we laid chest to chest and I used his chest as a pillow. As I drifted off to sleep I was still thinking of what he nearly said today. Could I have misheard him. Yeah probably.

But the strong arms wrapped around my waist and the large hands that caressed my back told me otherwise. And I couldn't stop the seed of hope That blossomed in my chest as I thought about the possibility that I didn't mishear him.

---------------------------------

A/N

Sorry this chapter took so long and is short I've been busy and haven't had chance to write a lot lately but I'll update soon :)

Vote, comment and follow :D