coda

• Over the summer, Madison Murdoch joins the Carsonville Gazette as an intern, mainly with her sway as a social media influencer. Who should also intern there but Delaney Morrison, who immediately swears to get Madison kicked off the team. However, when they discover several things in common — including the university they are attending in the fall, their mutual pursuit of truthful, dependable journalism, and their razor-sharp tongues — an unlikely but lifelong friendship blossoms between them.

• Reece Dormer remains lost in his grief after high school, sinking through a pool of drugs and women to stay afloat. Ironic, he knows. After achieving national glory in the NBA as a young adult, travelling the world, falling in love, getting counselling to heal the wounds Cameron's suicide left, Reece finds himself back in the town where it all started, where old demons wait for him still. Years later, Reece enrols himself in teacher's college with hopes of becoming a P.E. teacher that can educate in both physical and mental health.

• While enough donations are made to Carsonville Elementary School to keep their music program running, not enough is donated to compensate for the Stansons' retracted contributions. Derek Hale is, as such, let go. He successfully applies for a job at the middle school instead, where some of his students from last year are scheduled to attend. In between teaching, Derek shoots to fame as an internet musical sensation. On his first worldwide tour, he comes head to head with a shocking reminder of the high school years he fervently wishes to leave behind.

• Leah Dellman is accepted into the Julliard School of Music — she inadvertently impressed a headhunter at a recital where she played Vivaldi's "Winter" concerto for violin. In New York City, Leah bands together with two similarly artistic, freewheeling women: Wynter Antakova, and Nashwa Fakhoury, a ballerina-in-training, also at Julliard, whom she marries four years later.

• Straying away from going to university, Drew Allory instead hones his gaming skills and makes a living as a competitive gamer and live-streamer. This leads to him travelling frequently in adulthood, often to South Korea, and enjoying the spoils of being fabulously wealthy. While States-bound, Drew is often photographed by tabloids catching up with his equally famous, equally globe-trotting childhood friend, Derek Hale. When all three men have grown in years and experience, Drew and Derek finally reconcile with Reece Dormer.

• After graduating high school, Terrence Hollister moves to Ranscher, Washington to be with Suki Yamato and Cassie Hollister. When Cassie develops a love for all things French at the precocious age of seven, Terrence — an aspiring author — writes a fairytale based loosely on the French revolution, in which the heroine, Sophie, overthrows a monarchy and leads the oppressed majority to freedom. It is Cassie's favourite story until she reads Pride and Prejudice at fourteen.

• After completing her Bachelor's in Political Science at Halston University, Sophie pursues academia at one of the country's most prestigious colleges. There, she meets the handsome, math-obsessed man whom she hasn't seen since the best summer of her life, nearly a decade ago. Old feelings between Benjamin and Sophie resurface almost instantly but with a life at stake, right and wrong is not so clear this time around.