Untitled Chapter 4

Lonely like a castaway
Heartbreak that I can't escape
A sinking ship I'll never save. . .

The ear buds block the argument in the office between my contractual boyfriend, whom I've already been intimate with, and the man who's obviously in love with me.

Both my bosses.

As I finish another layout, Roseanne, a beautiful bottle blonde with thighs to kill for, struts over. Her hands slam down on my desk.

"You know," she clicks her tongue once I pull a single ear bud out. "We'd all be able to work if you didn't go and lead Eros on then fuck his brother. Some of us need this job without the fucking Plumber Brothers fighting over a useless whore like yourself." I give her a nod of me head.

"And I hear you, but do you think I care? My business is my business. You don't see me complaining about your cheat of a husband, do you?" Her arms cross.

"We're working on our relationship," she frowns. I take one of her hands in mine. Her eyes harden but she doesn't pull away from me.

A give a small smile. "I'm happy for you two, but step out of my business please." Her frown melts into a small smile.

Both of her hands bury her face. "Gosh, I'm so rude. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. Work is stressful with Marco and the therapist, who I'm pretty sure are fucking. I just can't handle everything. Shit, I shouldn't yell at you."

I wave the woman off. She has some personal problems that are pushing her to the edge. All is forgiven. Once my final touches are applied to the layout I sign out to take my lunch hour. Once again my ear buds go back in. With my phone tucked in my back packet, music blasting in my ears, and a twenty in my pocket I make my way downstairs.

My hand touched the door handle but someone pulls me back. Alexander stands before me, his jacket over his shoulder and his hair perfectly messy.

"Where are you going?" He asks slightly out of breath. "I was calling you but you couldn't hear me." I giggle slightly as his hands squeezing my bottom.

"Just out for my lunch hour," I say. "And you?" His arm snakes around my waist.

"Anywhere you are," he smirks. He pecks my nose as we head out. Together we walk to my car. A low whistle escapes his mouth. "A 2015 Ferrari F12berlinetta, sexy." A small moan follows his words; my moan.

"Mhm," I hum caressing her beautiful finish. "She's my baby. Now get in before I have to leave before you." We both slip in, me in the drivers side. The drive to the outdoor café was short and silent. Alexander's eyes scan the place. His disapproval makes me smirk. Just wait until he tastes the food. "So, CEO Styles, don't you have some work to do than ride around with little ol' me?"

His eyebrows raise at the way I address him. He stands behind me in the short him, his hands resting on my hips. "The way my last name rolls off your tongue intrigues me. Do you know why?" My head, hesitantly, shakes. A fat smirk is shot down at me. "Because maybe one day it'll be yours."

My body stiffens. Sure I like Alexander, he's a a great guy with a nice cock. But he's talking marriage. We met yesterday! Before I can say anything in reply it's my turn to order, but again I'm interrupted by something- correction, someone.

"Alexander Styles! Look everyone! It's Alexander Styles!" A fangirl fans herself at her table. I quickly place my order of an iced tea and a cinnamon bun as Alexander greets his fans. My contractual boyfriend has a fan club.

And that's all he is- a contractual boyfriend.

Using a fork and a knife I take a piece of the warm pastry into my mouth. As piece after piece flies into my mouth a man calling my name catches my attention. Damien Sykes. Uh oh.

My heart stops as my high school sweetheart crosses the street, a bag of Chipotle in his hand. I stand up and toss the rest of my food out. Looking back I see Alexander taking to swooning girls. Might as well talk to my friend.

"Rocky! I didn't even notice you. You look. . . Different." I glance down at my body. Not really, I think I've had these jeans for about five years. My eyebrow raises and Damien scratches the back of his neck. "Not bad. Like, like, um. . . sexy."

"How's the wife?" I blurt. He cringes at my question. The urge to smirk because I struck a nerve washes over me. "You know, because she's my sister and all. How's the pregnancy?" Again he cringes. He looks down at the pavement.

"I hope you aren't angry-."

I scoff, completely cutting him off. "Why would I be angry? You only broke up with me after five years because you impregnated my younger sister. No. Hard. Feelings." His eyes dart between me and his car. The same car I gave him everything in. His chances of making it is slim, based on the fact I'm wearing boots and not heels. I lean closer. "Why would I be angry, Damien? You only broke my heart."

A large presence behind me has me smirking. "Anyway, I've got Alexander. Now run along to the wife, tell her that being four months in she should start feeling better soon." Damien backs away from me and straight to his car. Without turning to Alexander I make my way back to my car. "Do you need a ride or can one of your girlfriends give you a ride?"

He frowns down at me. "Who was that?" He climbs into my car. My hands clench onto the wheel, a tick in my jaw. I push the radio on, letting the music fill the air.

Good girls are bad girls that haven't been caught!

➖✖➖

"Damien told me he ran into you today." The first thing my eighteen year old sister says to me is, of course, about the man I lost but she gained. This brat has been trying to outdo me since she was in the womb. Our mother's pregnancy with Jade was much smoother. Mine put her in the hospital multiple times.

"Yes and?" I snarl back. I can hear her cocky smile while she gingerly caresses her bloated stomach. That baby should be mine damnit. He was my fiancé!  "And I heard you dropped out of high school. Big whoop." My sister grits her teeth.

The line is quiet for as second as I pull a pair of leggings on then a much too small t-shirt. Her voice comes back after a few minutes. "You know what, fuck you. Fuck you and your high life. Fuck your stupid ass jealousy. Fuck your stretched out cunt-."

"Says the pregnant teen."

She screeches louder than I've ever heard out of a human being. "Fuck you! I hope you fucking die! Run back to you damn perfect life in your apartment beside central park! I hope you die of AIDS because a man raped you! I hope an entire pack of black men tear into you-." A struggle on the other end cuts her rampage off. She screams again before letting whoever have the phone.

The croaked voice of my very own mother greets me. "Hey, baby."

"Mom."

"It's been a while since we've met-."

"I'm not giving money." This time my mom groans. Her groan sounds completely unhealthy because of throat. Tears spring in my eyes st the sound of the horrendous coughs. She lights a cigarette to calm herself. "Everytime I give money it's used for-."

"Baby I'm clean. Been for a few weeks."

"I-I can't, Mom. You know that." The call is cut. The bitch hung up on me! Using the back of my hand I wipe the stray tears. My body curls up into a ball on my white couch. A blanket draped over my legs as I watch The Christmas Light Fight, if that's what it's called. Honestly I have had this recorded for about a year. I guess Christmas in July is a real thing.

I bury my face in the soft material of my blanket. Tears freely flow down my face. This is why I left, I tell myself. So I don't end up like them.

Sorry this one doesn't have an outfit)):  I was actually thinking of Kylie Jenner to play as Rocky? Do you think that works?

QoTC: If you could do one of these which would it be; new wardrobe, new family, new personality?