24 = Frowns & Formals

I do not own Teen Wolf or any of its characters. I only own Celeste. If I did... just... Stydia.

Song - Turn to Dust // Wolf Alice

Celeste's POV

A sense of normalcy filled Celeste, though she was at the brink of insanity, as she entered the animal clinic.

The veterinary clinic was currently closed, but her boss had called her in for assistance with an emergency patient.

It's not like she had a social life he was pulling her away from or anything.

"Hey," she chimed, striding into the backroom, "what was the big emer-,"

Celeste cut herself off with a sharp intake of breath at the sight of one Scott McCall laying unconsciously on the metal exam table, a white cloth bandage stained red covering part of his chest.

There went her sense of normalcy.

"Holy moly," she cried, dashing to Scott's side, "what happened?"

"I found him in the woods, injured," Deaton explained with a ridiculous amount of composure.

"And you didn't think to take him to the hospital?" Celeste demanded, any sense of politeness leaving her at the sight of her wounded friend.

"Normal hospitals aren't exactly fit to tend to this particular type of wound," the man answered smoothly.

"You're a veterinarian," Celeste reminded him, completely aghast.

"True," he shrugged with a small smile, "though I deal with more than your typical garden variety domestic animal."

"What are you saying?" Celeste cautiously danced around bringing up Scott's secret identity, though it was becoming rather apparent that the veterinarian already knew.

"I'm saying that Scott is in a predicament, and he needs you to help him through it," Deaton answered vaguely.

"Why would he need me?" Celeste frowned in confusion, choosing to circle back to how much the man knew later.

For an eighth of a millisecond, Celeste could have sworn a flash of panic danced across the man's hazel eyes.

"You know," he smiled smoothly, "just a familiar face, that's all."

Celeste frowned in suspicion, but nevertheless reached for Scott's limp hand as a small means of comfort.

As soon as they made contact, however, the boy's chocolate brown eyes flew open and he gasped for air, glancing at Celeste in confusion and swinging himself off the table.

"Welcome back to the land of the conscious," Deaton spoke with obscure casualty, "You doing okay?"

Scott wheeze-grunted.