Bentley

It had been two days since the news reported the two strangulations. Not once in the two days had I seen the masked man. I took annoyance from that. He still held on to my panties, the same ones he had promised to return if I gave him the note.

                I now was note-less and panty-less.

                Karen was overjoyed at the success of her double date. Jake had begun to meet me at my locker and after classes now, always with a big grin on his face. Sometimes he came alone, other times he had a few friends with him.

                I took pride in knowing that he always seemed to put more attention towards me than towards any of his friends when I was around.

                Karen was constantly asking about our relationship.

                Had we scheduled another date?

                Yes.

                Has he made any notion of asking me out?

                Yes.

                Do I like him?

                Of course.

                More than a friend?

                Karen.

                At this point, she would roll her eyes at me and continue to the next question. How long would it be until we screwed?

                I refused to answer her after that.

                Karen, thankfully, was able to keep her interrogation at a minimum at lunch when the others were around. She knew me well enough to know that I didn’t want to get questioned by two more people. Lisa seemed to suspect something, but she kept her thoughts to herself, much to my contentment.

                “Hey Sexy,” A deep voice said into my ear. Hands pinched my sides playfully. I jumped slightly and turned around with a smile on my face.

                Jake kept his hands on my sides as he met my eyes, smiling.

                “Hey there.” I breathed

                “How you doin’?” He asked with a false Boston accent.

                “How’m I doin’? How you doin’?” I teased.

                Jake rolled his eyes, pulling me into a hug. “Are you ready to go, Avery?”

                I nodded into his shoulder. My lips were pressed against his jacket as I tried to speak, “I think I’ve got everything I need.”

                He chuckled, somehow managing to comprehend my words, and pulled back from our hug. “Can I give you a ride home?”

                “I would love one.”

                He hooked his arm through mine, guiding me out of the school towards where his car was parked. Sunday evening, I had finally confessed to my grandmother about the almost-accident that went down. She took a look at the car and decided that we would have it inspected, but it didn’t seem damaged much from a new dent.

                It was currently in the shop getting checked.

                She had scolded me for not telling earlier when we could’ve gotten insurance out of it.