Au Revoir, Princess

It was eleven o’clock by the time I got off of work on Saturday. Donavan and I headed to the back room to grab our bags. I slung my duffle bag over my shoulder, leading the way out of the fast food joint. Donavan followed closely behind.

                “Night, Ronnie.” I called, my unofficial clocking off of shift.

                Donavan muttered something incoherent as well, but Ronnie ignored both of our good byes, too concentration on making the wraps in his hands.

                Donavan wrapped an arm around my shoulders, pulling me to his side. “I am so sick of that damn place.”

                I giggled, leaning my head on his shoulder. Sleep fought with my eyes to keep them closed, but I knew it would be bad if I fell asleep walking. “Ronnie’s starting to get on my nerves. He’s been acting so annoying ever since we were almost robbed.”

                “Yeah, I know what you mean.” Donavan shook his head, “He’s got some shit stuck up his ass that ain’t coming down.”

                I came to my car, shoving the bag into the back seat. Donavan did the same, leaning against my car to talk to me longer.

                “Have you been fooling around with anyone?” I asked, trying to strike up a conversation on a topic I knew best. Donavan and his many women were always something to chat about. He almost never said no to my question.

                He smirked, “I might have.”

                “What’s her name?”

                “Kayla Marten.”

                I frowned slightly, “How old is she?”

                “She’s a sophomore…”

                I shoved him on the shoulder, laughing, “Are you seriously going back to sophomores, Donavan? Really?”

                “What? She’s a cute little girl.”

                I rolled my eyes, “Think it’ll get official?”

                He shrugged, “Not sure. She’s the kind of girl I can see myself having a one night stand with. But at the same time, I can see myself dating her for a while.”

                “Hopefully it’s the latter. I don’t want you using anymore sophomores to extinguish that sexual fire of yours.”

                He moved in front of me, wrapping his arms around my waist, “Why? Would you rather be the one to extinguish my sexual fire?”

                I rested my hands on his chest, giving him a gentle push off that he ignored. With a giggle, I shook my head, “Only in your dreams.”

                “All the time, baby.”

                I made a face, “You’re such a pervert, Donavan. Please, remind me why am I friends with you again?”

                He pretended to cringe, “Oh, you’re mean tonight.”

                I raised an eyebrow, as if to ask so?

                “You know that if you ever need someone to help you with your sexual fire—” he let out a small chuckle at those words—“I’m only a phone call away.”