Chapter 5: Drifting Away

RATE AND COMMENT PLEASE!
ENJOY ITACHI/KISAME FANS
-----------------------------------------

Itachi and Kisame went to the outskirts of town trying to find the Jinchuriki. It was a cloudy day and the clouds left a dark navy blue entrance in the horizon. The color was bleeding higher up, almost caving in the cloudy sky. It looked like it was going to rain.

"So if we encounter Jiraiya, what do we do? Battle him?" Kisame asked Itachi as they walked down the road with their hats. "Yes. We will have to fight him. I don't think he will leave us without a fight anyway." Itachi replied with his typical stoic, monotone voice. His voice sometimes sounded so lifeless, Kisame felt he was talking to a wall.

They reached the town and Itachi used his genjutsu on a woman to distract Jiraiya like before. Itachi activated his Sharingan.

"You're gonna do that jutsu on a woman again? He probably won't fall for it like last time, Itachi.." Kisame said with a smirk. "Yes. Maybe. But as long as it kills time, even a short amount is worth it." Itachi explained. "Why is that?" Kisame asked. "Because, I have just found the boy. Follow me." Itachi replied and headed towards a motel. "He probably sensed his Jinchuriki chakra." Kisame thought to himself as he followed the raven down the village.

"It's just like three years ago." Kisame stated as Itachi headed towards the door. He knocked it three times. Naruto who looked mature, manly and all grown up, not mention his height that increased drastically, he opened the door.

He saw the two of them. "Hah! You two again huh? Well you're not gonna get me this time. And I'm not gonna fall for your genjutsu like last time when I saved Gaarra!' Naruto yelled back and used his shadow clones.

"I don't want to fight with you." Itachi calmly said as his Sharingan glanced at Naruto's shadow clone. He watched the boy perform his Rasengan.
Kisame took out his shark skin sword and raised it up. Naruto aimed it right at Itachi. Itachi dodged it and transported himself directly behind the boy. Naruto struck the wall and damadged it.

"Huh?.." Naruto gasped. Right when he turned around, Itachi kicked him on his back soaring the boy to the wall. He fell face flat on the ground. He immediatly got up and bit his thumb, he looked like he was about to summon something.

Kisame struck the sword right on the boys leg. Penetrating his thigh as the boy yelled in pain. Kisame aimed again towards the boy's left arm. He raised his sword up, "Stop it, Kisame" Itachi said. Kisame puzzled, he glanced at Itachi then at a man who seemed to be catching his breath.

"Naruto!!" The white long haired man screamed. "Don't worry I'll take care of them! Just stay behind!" Jiraiya fired back. Naruto got up in pain and slowly walked towards his teacher.

"Don't worry pervy sage. I got this." Naruto said catching his breath and smiling. He always was seeking a big fight within the Akatsuki. Determined and hyper active.

Kisame glanced and the Itachi. The Uchiha nodded and converted his Sharingan to his Mangekyuo sharingan.

Zetzu crawled out of the floor. "Our leader said to not battle Jiraiya. We've lost too many members. Retreat immediatly." The black side of Zetzu said firmly. "We don't lose you hehehe.." The white half of Zetzu teased.

Jiraiya and Naruto were puzzled. They stared at the three Akatsuki members. "Leaving now huh?" Jiraiya asked angrily. "You're not gonna leave. We will capture you and take you back to the village." Jiraiya said with a stern voice and piercing eyes filled with rage. Naruto shocked as how quickly the fight seemed to end.

"Until then.." Itachi calmly said. They both used their hand signs and disappeared. Naruto dropped to his knees in pain. "Damn! Why do they always do this! I will get my hands on them and kill them!!" He screamed and punched the floor. Naruto angrily punched the floor. "I can't keep letting them get away!" Naruto screamed. Jiraiya smiled, "Come on, let's go back and report to Lady Tsunade." Naruto turned around and met eyes with his teacher. He smiled. "Alright.."

Itachi and Kisame reported to their leader. "We've lost too many people. Sasori, Hidan, Kakzuzu, and Deidara." Pein explained. "We can't afford to lose more people. Especially you two. You did well. Next time, we should have you find the Jinchuriki when he's not around Jiraiya." He said.
"You are dismissed." He finally said.

Itachi and Kisame left and stood there. Itachi seemed to have a lot in his mind. "It's a shame we lost most of our members." Kisame stated. The base was a lot more quiet now, especially now that Hidan is dead. Itachi glanced at Kisame. They stared at each other and Kisame smirked. "Luckily we survived this far.." He said with a softer tone. Itachi nodded, "We did well." He finally said after silence. He walked off heading upstairs probably to his room. Kisame giggled and went to his bedroom.

Another mission unsuccessful. But Kisame was right, they made it this far. All the other members who seemed almost stronger than him and Itachi died tragically. Kisame fell on his bed undoing his cloak. Leaving him in his wide shoulder tank top and his pants. He threw his cloak on the floor and closed his eyes. He sighed and fell asleep.

Itachi unbuttoned his cloak and hung it. He removed his shoes and placed it on the corner near his bathroom. He was wearing his v neck shirt lined with fishnet, and his pants that ended to his upper leg. He headed to the mirror and glanced at himself.

*Itachi POV*

"It's almost time. I think it's finally time. I should prepare myself." I thought as I undid my hair band. I felt pressure on my chest all of a sudden. I knew I was going to cough blood like all the other times. I headed to the toilet. The pressure building up with an iron taste in my throat, I coughed out a thick consistency of blood. I placed my hand over my mouth and spilled blood through my hand down my wrist. I removed my hand from my mouth and opened my mouth towards the toilet. My bloody hand gripping the toilet seat, I painfully coughed.

For about 10 minutes of painful coughing in the toilet, I finally left the bathroom and washed my hands and mouth. I opened the cabinet underneath my sink to get some spray and a rag. I cleaned the toilet seat and some blood that dropped on the cold floor. I headed back to my mirror. I noticed my evening medication on the table. But there was an unfamiliar bag left next to it. There was a note on it.

"Pein said I should give this to you. He found a new medicine that can help you finish tasks and missions. Since you haven't been on a highly recommended mission that would benefit the organization, he left this medicine for me to give to you. Please take only 5 tablespoons of it nightly. This should help your internal bleeding and fatigue. Take with care. Any questions, ask me."
- Zetzu

Zetzu always supplied me with pills or syrup from Pein. I opened the bag and found a syringe, a needle, and a bottle filled with a pale, yellow thick liquid. It looked like cough syrup. There was a measuring spoon that marked 1 tablespoon. The directions were in the bag. In case of an overdose, Zetzu left me a bottle of Sodium Bicarbonate to neutralize the overdose. There was also a rubber band.

I placed everything on the bed and wrapped my elbow with the band. I filled five tablespoons of the liquid into the syringe. I placed the needle inside the hole and aimed for and vein. I gently placed the needle and stung it deeper into the vein. I felt it inside my skin and pushed the syringe liquid. Pumping the liquid inside, I closed my eyes.

I undid the band and cleaned out my tools. If it was anything to get me better so I can finish my missions to benefit the organization, I had to take it. And mostly, to finish one personal goal. This was the only thing that could help me. I placed everything back in the bag and slowly crawled to my bed. I sat up to shut the lamp off and planned to take a nap as the medicine kicked in.

It was only five in the afternoon. The rain finally hit the ground, creating gentlr taps on the roof. The medicine started to really kick in this time. I felt drowsy. I closed my eyes and drifted to sleep.