Chapter 15

Carly Matthews is Peyton List (pictured above)

-------

Chapter 15

I woke up alone. I stood up and looked in the mirror. My eyes were red and swollen from crying. Kade was still at Mrs. Smith's. I knew I had to go get him, even if he had to see me like this. I walked into the kitchen and seen a note on the counter.

"Lena

I went to get Kade from Mrs. Smith's apartment. After the night I put you through you deserve to rest. I'm going to take Kade out for breakfast and then the three of us can spend the day together. Be ready when we get there.

Brian"

I guess I need to get ready.

------

Once I get ready I go into the living room and sit on the couch.

"Lena!" I heard coming from my little brother.

"Hey buddy! I missed you," I said taking Kade into my arms.

Kade hugged me tight and quickly pulled away.

"I have to go play games!" Kade said running to the other room.

"You two are cute," Brian said leaning against the door frame, "did you sleep well?"

"It was the first good sleep I have had in a long time."

Brian smiled at me gently.

"I'm so sorry for putting you through that last night."

"You didn't know, Brian. It's fine. I just didn't know what to do. I'm not mad at you."

"I still should had known."

I stood up and walked over to Brian. "You didn't know." I gently wrapped my arms around him and gave him a hug.

I walked over to the couch and Brian followed. He sat down and I sat beside him leaning my head on his shoulder.

"Brian?"

"Yes, Lena?"

"Is this how things are going to be now? Until the divorce I mean."

"I like just how things are going."

I looked into his eyes. He began leaning closer to my face and I felt his breath on my lips.

"Lena, I can't get this game to work," I heard Kade say.

I quickly jumped away from Brian and walked to where Kade was.

I can't believe it. I almost kissed Brian Matthews.

-------

I spent all day Saturday with Kade. Today is now the day I drop him off at Mrs. Smith's. I stayed strong in front of Kade but as soon as Brian and I got back in the car, I cried. He started the car and put his hand on top of mine. We pulled into the driveway at the house and I went to bring my luggage down to the car.

"Allow me Mrs. Winter," Lucas said grabbing my luggage.

"Thank you Lucas," I said following him to the car.

"Are you ready to meet my family?" Brian asked opening the door for me to get in.

"As ready as I'll ever be."

----------

The flight wasn't bad. I stretched as Brian began looking for the rental car. The airports in Paris are something else. I was surrounded by windows and oddly shaped ceilings. Brian began walking back toward me as I took in the scenery.

"You haven't seen nothing yet," Brian said taking my hand and leading me toward the car. He began putting our luggage in the back while I got into the passenger seat.

"Brian!" I heard a squeal coming from outside the car.

"What are you doing here?" Brian asked smiling taking a petite blonde into his arms.

"I came to see you!"

"Carly, I've missed you."

I decided I probably needed to get out of the car. I opened the door and leaned against it as I watched the reunion before me.

"Carls, this is my fiancé, Elena. Lena, this is my sister, Carly."

"I've heard so much about you," I said sticking my hand out but instead I was enveloped into a hug.

"I wish I could say the same but Brian here didn't tell me about you until recently," Carly said eyeing her brother playfully, "It's so nice to meet you."

"Yeah yeah," Brian said smiling at his sister.

"Brian, can you give me a ride to the hotel? I kinda took the bus here."

-----------

Carly quickly goes to her room when we arrive at the hotel.

"Mr. Matthews, you are in our penthouse suite," I hear from a worker as I take in my surroundings.

Brian grabs my hand and pulls me along with him. We walk into the suite and it is absolutely gorgeous. I begin walking around and discover there is only one bedroom.

"Uh. Brian?"

"Yeah."

"There is only one bedroom."

"We have slept together before."

"It's just- I don't know if- um," I stutter along.

"I can take the couch tonight if that's what you want."

"No, I'll take the couch. I'm the one with the issue."

"I am not letting you take the couch. Go get ready for bed, Lena," Brian said squeezing my hand and leaving the bedroom.

----------

I'm running. I try to turn around and my body won't let me. I just keep running. My body is tired but I can't stop running. Suddenly something grabs me, stopping me from running. I try to get away but I can't. I scream and get loose. I begin running again.

"Lena," I hear as I'm being shook.

I quickly jerk away screaming.

"Hey, it's okay. I got you. It's just a dream," Brian says pulling me into his arms.

My breathing begins to go back to normal and Brian stands up to go back to the couch. I grab his hand. "Stay with me. Please."

He smiles and gets into the bed. He takes me into his arms and pulls me close. I rest my head on his chest and fall into a peaceful slumber.

---------