CHAPTER NINE: Sparks and Fireworks

Hello everyone! I'm so pleased to announce that you guys have given me 500 reads in total! I'm so blessed to have you guys read my story. So thank you very VERY much! I know I have promised a new chapter today, so here it is! I really hope you enjoy it; I think it's my favorite chapter so far! ;) Please comment and vote! Again, thank you guys so much! By the way, I'm still grinning goofily... ;)

-Elaina

P.S. Words in < > is a text message... just a heads up! ^_^

________________________

CHAPTER NINE: SPARKS AND FIREWORKS

LIAM'S POV
I sat up in bed, smiling to myself. Adrenaline from the concert still coursed through my veins, making me feel restless. Amsterdam was a great crowd, but that was not the reason why I was now grinning up at the ceiling like an idiot. Seeing Elaina out there dancing and enjoying herself made me realize yet again how much I wanted her in my life. And then I made the split-second decision. I was going to ask her out. The question now, was how? I’ve never been good at asking girls out; it always ended badly for me. I glanced to the right of me. “Niall,” I said aloud. There was no response from Niall’s bed. “Niall,” I said, louder.

“Mmph,” Niall grumbled, rolling over to his side and pulling his covers over his head. I sighed.

“Niall, mate, c’mon, I want to talk to you,” I said.

“I’m sleeping!” Niall mumbled.

I grabbed a pillow and threw it at him. “How can you sleep after a concert like that?” I asked incredulously.

“Mate, it’s one in the bloody morning,” Niall groaned. I grabbed another pillow and whacked him with it. I then jumped on Niall’s bed. “Bloody Hell! What ya want?” Niall looked up at me like I was crazy. I bounced up and down on the bed.

“FOOD, NIALL, FOOD!” I shouted. That didn't stir the response I expected from Niall. He put his pillow over his head. “Nandos on me?” I offered, quieting down.

“Damn you, Liam,” his sleepy voice floated out. His tousled head emerged from beneath his pillow and he glared at me.

I smiled down at him, sitting on him. “Glad to see you’re awake, Niall, I just want to talk.”

“Talk about what? Can’t it wait?” Niall grumbled.

“Nandos the minute we get back to London,” I muttered, as I got off of him.

Groaning and muttering curses under his breath, Niall sat up. “Alright, talk.”

“I want to ask Elaina out,” I said quietly.

Niall groaned at me, “I’m going back to bed,” he started to lie down when I grabbed his arm to prevent him from pulling the covers up again.

“I promised you Nandos!” I protested. “You have to talk to me!”

“Just ask her out!” Niall said as if that was obvious. “We talked; I’m going back to sleep.”

“That’s not worth my paying for Nandos,” I said.

“What else ya want?” grumbled Niall sleepily.

“I just like her so much, you know? I’ve never met someone like her before. And I know she’s hurt by something. Not just by her ex-boyfriend, someone or something else. I just want to protect her, you know? Tell her that everything is going to be ok. I want to take her pain away. Show her that I’m here for her. And I want to make her mine. But I don’t know how! I mean, how do I ask her out?” I rambled and then I realized that Niall was asleep again. I sighed heavily while grabbing my pillow. I whacked him with the pillow.