39. Imagination Gone Wild

Chapter 39: Imagination Gone Wild

*~~Chase's POV~~*

Today Alice and I are going to the doctor to ensure if Alice is pregnant or not.

After all, Alice and I aren't ready to have a baby and pregnancy tests can also be a snooze.

But I've asked Alice if she wants the baby, I'll always be by her side.

Yeah, yeah we're back together. Don't want to hear it. Did you really think we would end? Rude. Completely rude.

"I'm ready, let's go." Alice called from the doorway.

I started the engine, gave my girlfriend a kiss, before driving off.

~

"Pardon?" Alice and I both blurted.

The good doctor laughed, "What Alice experienced was an imaginary pregnancy."

Alice frowned, "So I really was having a stomach bug?"

"Her breasts just grew?"

Alice blushed and the good doctor tried hiding her laughter. "Yes and yes. And I'm sure your period is just late due to all the stress."

"So that pregnancy test was a snooze." I mumbled.

"A few brands are funky. A few of the devices are just errors. But the major root of your symptoms was the stress you were going through at that time. I'm sure now that your stress has gone down that the throwing up and nausea should occur less and be gone soon."

We all stood up, ready to leave.

"However if you're having frequent stomach bug, come back for a check up, okay?"

Alice and I thanked the doctor before leaving.

I grinned at her, "Did you really miss me that much?"

"Chase! This isn't funny. I could've been pregnant. It terrified me." Alice said, hugging her torso.

I hugged her from behind, "I'm sorry, thought lightening the mood won't help. No more pregnant jokes out of me, promise."

"I can't believe you told the doctor that my breasts grew." Alice mumbled, embarrassed.

"That's cause they did." I tried groping but she pushed my hand away.

"Pooh, you're not fun."

Alice laughed, "Come on, we have to go to Darling Chainz. Jack has surprising news for everyone."

~

Darling Chainz was closed today due to Jack's important announcement.

Everyone gathered around on one of the bigger tables. Alice and I arrived late cause of the checkup, but it seems the crew waited for us.

Jack and the woman beside him seemed to be the spotlight. She had soft blonde hair and stared at Jack with loving eyes.

Jack smiled, "Now that everyone's here, I would like to make a very important announcement."

Everyone immediately quiet down.

Jack carried on, "I will be working less hours, so I apologize for the extra workload. But that is because my wife, Daniela here is..."

Wait what...

Jack is married?!

Daniela gushed, "I'm pregnant!" She held up ultrasound pictures of her soon to be child.

Everyone was clapping and cheering but I'm still on the part where I found out Jack is married...

I looked Jack in the eye, "You're married?!"

"Oh yeah, he's new!" Someone said.

Someone else chipped in, "Well old now, he's been working for months."

Jack blinked, "Word hadn't gone to you? I've been married for quite a while now." Jack flashed his ring and I frowned.

"They're high school sweethearts." Alice told me before being pulled away by Maria.

I rubbed a hand down my face. The mini break up could have been avoided if I knew this...but wait a minute, "Why don't you wear the ring at work?"

"There's a high possibility of me losing the ring at work. I usually wear it around my neck in a necklace." Jack answered. "Oh and before you ask, my wife is hopeless at sewing, that's why I usually ask Alice."

"Jack, honey, love me." We heard Daniela call out.

"Wife calls, enjoy the party." Jack winked before leaving me there, speechless.

I am so done.

"So...who wants cake?"

~

It's been a long day and it's finally great to be back in bed with Alice.

But...what the hell...Jack has been married!

Alice kissed my jaw, "Are you still sulking cause I didn't tell you Jack's married?"

I scoffed, "No. Why would I be?"

Alice sat up my chest, "You seem like it."

Her naked body above me had my buddy down there twitch.

"I wouldn't tempt me if I were you. We already went four rounds."

Alice grinned, "I can't help myself, you're so tempting."

I groaned as my buddy started rising, "Alice, you shouldn't say things like that. I'll break you with a fifth round."

Alice stared at me long and hard before giggling, "Wuss."

I scowled, "I'll show you!"

~

Alice and I finally left the bedroom for a midnight snack on the couch.

"Hey, what's this?" I picked up a letter from the coffee table.

"My brother invited us to his wedding. You're coming right?" Alice asked me with pleading eyes.

I kissed her nose, "I'll go anywhere with you, Darling Chainz."

"Oh Chase Ravens, you have my heart."

"Oh good Alice, you have mine."

We shared a quick peck before rushing to the bedroom.