12. The Fair

Chapter 12: The Fair

Three days after making up     

*~~Alice's POV~~*

"We should go to the fair they're having." I tell Chase as I finish Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry. 

"I thought the fair was on Tuesday." Chase muses flipping to another page of his giant cook book.

I stared at Chase for a second...and then Chase looks up at me, "Oh yeah, it's Tuesday!" I give him a smile, "Should we go? We have nothing better to do."

It's a Wednesday morning, surprisingly the rain has cleared up for the past two days. Chase and I are merely enjoying the calm morning on my sofa. Both of us are sat on the opposite ends of the sofa. But I got the better 'deal' as I get to place my legs on Chase's lap.

Chase puts his cook book away and plays with my toes, "Sure why not. What time does it start? It's like 11:44 right now."

I purse my lips as I try to recall the time, "Um...I think it's at 2 or 3 ish."

Chase grins at me, "Ish."

I nod my head, "Yes, ish." 

"Well go at 3:10...ish."

I let out a small laugh, "2:50 ish it is. Come on, we should head to Darling Chainz now."

~3:10...ish~

"ALICE! ARE YOU DONE YET?" I hear Chase yell from the living room.

I grab my mini purse and leave my room. "Yup, let's go."

As we get in the car, Chase comments, "You look nice."

I flash him a grin, "You don't look so bad yourself." 

Chase smiles and presses a button, causing music to flow through the car. I'm so excited. They always have a fair in this community. It's fun to see all those childhood friends and people you go school with. I may be in college, but I haven't outgrown going to the fair. I mean missing the fair is equivalent to watching the second season of some show, without watching the first season...well something like that.

When we arrive, I spot Abigail and Jared. Abigail runs up to me, with face paint on her face. 

"ALICE! OH MY GOD, I MISSED YOU SO MUCH GIRLY~!" Abigail screams, giving me a big hug.

I return Abigail the hug, "I missed you too, Abigail."

I look up to see Jared shifting in an awkward manner. I hold my arms out to him, "C'mere Jared, I missed you too."

Jared smiles and gives me a hug. "Well," Abigail starts, "As much as I love you, Jared and I are leaving. My feet are killing me. But have fun~! Bye Chase."

I glance at Chase to see him staring at me. I cock my head to the side, "You want to get our face painted?"

Chase gives me a grin and we head off to get our face painted.

~

The fair is really fun, both Chase and I are enjoying it. In a way, the fair is like a carnival. I was biting into my cotton candy when I spotted one of those huge fluffy plushies. My eyes caught the sight of rows of plushies and toys. My favorited plushie was the peppermint candy plushies. I realized that I only could get the peppermint plushie if I won a dunking game. I grabbed Chase's shirt and dragged him to the dunking game stand.

"'Ello ma'am, hope you're enjoying the fair. Step right up to play, only $3.00 for five shots." The guy in the dunker said in a cheery voice.

I handed the guy $3.00 and he gave me five balls. I aimed but missed...on all five tries... It's not my fault...those things kept moving...I stared at the peppermint plushie in longing. Chase gave out a chuckle and I gave him a pout. 

"Put an end to your pouting, Darling Chainz," Chase said as he handed the guy $3.00. "Let me show you how a professional does it." Chase gave me a wink and threw the balls.

I stared in shock, Chase made all five shots in. I gaped at him and he chuckled. The guy stood in shock for a moment, but grinned, "You can pick two prizes, sir. You did a good job, I might say."

I might say? But didn't he say it...oh whatever... I put an end to my silly thought and flashed Chase a grin. Chase smiled at me, "I'd like the red and white peppermint candy plushie. Ummm...let's see....oh the green and white peppermint candy plushie, too, please."

The guy took it off the rack and handed it to Chase. Chase gave me the red and white peppermint candy plushie, "They're both yours, but I'll hold onto this one, until we get home."

"But you should keep one..."

Chase smirked, "But you want both, no?"

I felt my cheeks getting a bit warm and Chase laughed, "You look adorable with that hint of a blush on your face. How about we share them? But you're the true owner of them." I gave Chase a nod and we left to play more games.

 ~Home~

The fair lasted forever, for it is 9:56 right now. Well actually Chase and I got lost...that's why it took longer getting home. I stretched my limbs and heard the door close. Soon, I collapsed on the sofa, "I'm so tired." I hear Chase chuckle from behind me. Next thing you know, I'm in his arms in a princess lift. "Come on, lady, off to bed you go." 

"Wait...bring Peppa Red...I want to snuggle with Peppa Red."

Chase halts, "I am highly offended. I thought I was your cuddling buddy. You're replacing me with a plushie? And you named it Peppa Red?"

I jump from Chase's arms and hug my red peppermint candy plushie. "Yes." I point to the green peppermint candy plushie, "That one over there is Peppa Green. These are temporary names, I'm going to think of better ones tomorrow."

Chase shakes his head, laughing. "You're so weird, especially when you're sleepy. But the good kind of weird, of course."

I give Chase a big grin, "Why thank you, good sire." I pick Peppa Green into my arms and turn towards my bedroom. I turn back at Chase, "Would you like to join us in our slumber, good sire?"

Chase grins, "What kind of gentleman would I be if I refuse such an offer. I'll be right with you, mi lady. I must finish my business in the restroom first."

I couldn't help it, I let out the laugh I was holding. Off I went to change in my bathroom and finish my own business. When I came out in my nightwear, Chase entered my room.

Chase gave me a slight bow, "Mi lady, you get on the bed first."

"Thank you, good sire." I snuggled up to the two plushies and Chase held me, with my back to his front.

"Goodnight and sweet dreams, mi lady."

"Goodnight and sweet dreams to you as well." With a yawn, I closed my eyes and fell into the depths of slumber.