Chapter 28:"She's flat lining!"

Carter's POV

I quickly rushed Natalie downstairs to the infirmary, and got her hooked up to the heart monitor.

"Come on Nat stay with me," I breathed. Natalie's eyes started to close, and I shook her a bit. "Natalie keep your eyes open," I demanded.

"Carter," Natalie whispered, before her eyes closed.

"Natalie!" I croaked, and started to panic. Kai and Kent entered the room, and stared in horror.

"Don't just stand there," I yelled,"Help me." Kai and Kent got the supplies we needed, and we tried to stop her bleeding.

"There's no exit wound," Kent announced.

"Carter we can't operate on her," Kai added,"We need Lynn, she's a certified surgeon."

"Well go get her," I ordered. Kai quickly left the room, and returned minutes later with Lynn and Sabrina.

"Give me room," Lynn ordered, and started examining Natalie. Lynn put on some gloves, and check Natalie's vitals.

"Can you save them?" I asked, emphasizing them.

"I'm gonna try, but Carter," Lynn paused,"You're gonna need to leave. You're just gonna be getting in the way."

"I'm not leaving," I stated.

"Kent, Kai get him out of here," she ordered. Kent and Kai came over to me, and carried me out of the room.

I struggled to get free from their grasp on my arms. However, Kent decided to be a jerk and he rammed me against the wall. I started feeling light headed, and I fell to the ground.

The last thing I heard was Lynn's voice.

"She's flat lining," Lynn yelled. 

"Natalie," I whispered, before I blacked out.

Lynn's POV

I got Natalie's heart beating again, and stopped her bleeding.

"Do you think you can save them both?" Sabrina asked.

"I'm gonna try," I sighed.

"Is the baby okay?" Kai asked.

"To be honest," I paused,"I'm not sure yet."

I started the procedure, and stopped the bleeding. 

"Sabrina plug in the ultra sound machine," I ordered. Sabrina did as told, and she handed me the wand. 

I put gel on Natalie's stomach, and rubbed the wand on her belly. I listened for a heart beat, but I couldn't find one. 

"I-I can't find anything," I whispered.

"Look harder," Kent growled.

"I said I can-" I was cutoff by Sabrina.

"The baby's moving," she announced. We all looked at the screen, and saw the baby move. I moved the wand over the area again, and heard a faint pulse.

"There's a pulse but it's faint," I sighed in relief,"Now we got look at the internal damage, and find the bullet."

Carter's POV

My eyes fluttered open, and I sat up. Oh god my head hurts...How did I get on the couch?

"Morning Sleeping Beauty," AJ's laughed. I looked towards him, and he just came out of the kitchen with a bowl of Ramen Noodles. Wait!  Ramen....Food...Natalie!!

"Is Natalie okay?" I panicked,"How's my baby?"

"They got out of surgery about an hour ago," he announced.