Chapter 35: The Ring

Natalie's POV

When Clark pulled the trigger, all I saw was Carter's body move a bit then he fell to the ground.

"Carter no!" I cried, and moved towards him. Clark took the handcuffs off of me, then he and his goons left. However, before Clark left he threw some keys, which I hope were the keys to cells.

"Carter," I cried, and crawled over to him. I set his head on my lap, and I checked his pulse.......There was none. "No," I cried.

I sat there holding Carter's body for what seemed like forever, before Kai shook me from my thoughts.

"Natalie," Kai called out,"Open the cells." I slowly set Carter down then grabbed the keys. I unlocked Kai's cell, and he ran over to Carter.

Kai did something to Carter's neck, but I didn't really pay attention. I walked over to Cole's cell, and opened it.

"Cole,"I whispered, and walked over to him. I rolled him over him over, and saw a bullet wound through his chest. I checked his pulse, and just like Carter.....there wasn't one. 

"Natalie I need you to go unlock everyone else okay?" Kai stated. I nodded, and slowly walked out of Cole's cell. 

After I unlocked everyone, Kent sent us girls, and Kayden outside.

"I can't believe he's gone," I cried, and looked down at Kayden.

"They're both gone,"Avery sniffled.  

"What are we going to do now?" Madison asked.

"I don't know," Sabrina sighed. We waited outside for a few minutes before AJ came outside.

"Manny is on his way,"AJ sighed, and rubbed his face. Madison walked over to him, and he pulled her into a hug.

Soon Manny arrived with four other cars, and some more back up. Manny got out of the car, and came over to me.

"Are you okay?" he asked. I looked up at him, and shook my head no. "What happened?" he asked. I just kept shaking my head, and I burst into tears. He pulled me into a hug, and I kept crying.

"Take them home," Kent announced,"We'll wrap up here." I turned toward Kent, and he gave me a sympathetic look.

"I want to see him one more time," I admitted.

"That's not a good idea Nat," Kent stated.

"Why not?" I frowned.

"Trust me Nat," Kent sighed,"You don't want to." Kent looked at Manny and said,"Take them home."

"Lets go girls," Manny announced. I strapped down Kayden's car seat, and sat in the seat next to him. During the drive home, all I could do was think.

Did that really just happen? Carter's not really dead is he? I don't think I can do this without him....I need him. I love him. They're both gone. Cole and I were just starting to get along. We...We were becoming friends.....I can't do this....

"We're here," Manny announced. I unbuckled Kayden's seat, and slowly got out of the car. I looked down at Kayden, as I followed the girls into the house. Why does Kayden have to look just like Carter?

"Natalie," Lynn called out.

"What?" I asked, and looked at her. Lynn came over to me, and put a hand on my shoulder.

"We're going to make it through this," she encouraged.

"I hope so," I whispered, and walked upstairs to my bedroom. I took Kayden out of his car seat, and lied him down on the bed. I put his respirator right next to him, and walked over to Carter's drawer.

I dug through his top drawer, until I found a black box. Here it is... My hands started shaking as held the box. 

When I opened the box, I couldn't believe my eyes. This had to be the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. It was a Vera Wang ring, apart of her Love collection. I only know that because, I've wanted one of those rings ever since I saw that Zales commercial.

I sat down on the edge of the bed, and put the ring on my finger. If only Carter were here...

Tears rolled down my cheeks, as I thought about what life would be like with Carter here. The more I thought the angrier I got.

I pulled my gun out of my drawer, and aimed it at Kayden. 

"I could've saved him," I cried,"We could've had more kids." I got closer to Kayden, but I put my gun down when Kayden opened his eyes.

"What are you doing Natalie?" I cried. I threw my gun on the floor, and curled up next to Kayden. He just looked at me with his gorgeous blue eyes. "I'm sorry Kayden," I sniffled,"I love you."

I fed him and rubbed his stomach until he fell back asleep. I lied Kayden down in his crib, and walked out of his bedroom.

"Hey Natalie," AJ greeted.

"Hey AJ," I sighed.

"How you doing?" he asked.

"Not good," I choked. AJ pulled me into a hug, and I let a few tears fall. "I'm gonna kill him," I whispered. AJ pulled away, and gave me a weird look.

"Clark?" he asked. I nodded, and walked passed him. "And how do you plan on doing that?" He asked.

"Solo," I replied.

"Nat you can't," AJ admitted. I walked into the gun room with AJ on my heels.

"I can," I stated,"And I will. That son of b!tch killed my husband, and Cole. I'm gonna kill him before he can go anywhere."

"I'm coming with you," AJ sighed.

"No," I replied.

"You're not going alone," AJ argued. I slammed my hand down on the table, and looked at AJ.

"Look I know it sounds crazy but I have a plan. Trust me," I paused,"I'll be back before midnight. Watch Kayden for me will ya?" AJ thought for a minute, and sighed in defeat.

"Fine," he sighed,"But keep a radio on you."

"I will," I replied, and gathered my supplies. I was about to walk out the door, when AJ stopped me.

"Here," he says, and hands me an ax. I give him a look, and he smiles weakly,"It was Cole's beheadin ax."

"Oh," I smiled, and took the ax.

"Be careful Nat," He sighs,"If anything were to happen to you Carter would crawl out of his grave, and kick my a*s"

"I promise I'll be careful," I chuckled, and walked out of the house. I got in one of black Escalades, and set my stuff in the passenger seat.

I pulled out of the drive way, and drove towards the prison where Clark was holding us.

"It's time to put the plan in motion," I sighed, and gripped the steering wheel.

______________

Hey guys sorry, I didn't update it's been a busy weekend. But here's the update hope you liked it. Oh and a little spoiler for you guys. Cole and Carter weren't buried in graves.....I've said too much BYE.

Please Comment & Vote.