21: Defensive Dad Mode

A/N: So I thought I'd try and have a stab at writing this a little less formally rather than super serious adult author style if you know what I mean (you probably don't) ALSO; This chapter is a little more inappropriate than the ones so far so... Yeah. I'm not gonna say don't read it if you're young, cuz you're gonna do what you want. Damn you rebellious kids.

DEAN
It was safe to say that the moment Dean heard the purr of the Camaro outside the house, defensive dad mode had been activated. He stood up from the couch and straightened his sweater, moving to answer the door. He was almost knocked down by Stiles who shot past him to open it before him.

"Hi Derek!" His son greeted the man at the door who looked at his flushed face in surprise. Dean rolled his eyes.
"Come in." He smiled falsely, Derek made no attempt to smile back.
"Don't mind if I do." He murmured.

Castiel left the kitchen where he'd been preparing popcorn to say hello to Derek, he of course was delighted by his presence.
"I'm very glad you could make it, Derek. Please sit down." He gestured to the couch. Derek slumped down on the left end of the piece of furniture.

Dean tried to sit next to him so that Stiles didn't have the option but yet again, he beat his father to the punch, plopping down happily next to Derek. Dean stiffened in irritation, but settled for sitting on Stiles' right. He snatched the remote from the arm of the couch and switched on the large TV that was situated opposite them.

When Castiel returned, he was balancing two large bowls piled dangerously high with popcorn, it smelt delicious. He handed one to Stiles and Derek for them to share and sat in the remaining space next to Dean, snuggling up to him. His mood settled a little once he had his husband in his arms.

It would have been an uncomfortably cosy affair if not for the more than ample size of the soft red couch. Dean began scrolling through the on demand movie selection.
"So, what'll it be tonight? And don't say Open Season Stiles because we've watched that movie at least seven times." His son flushed pink with embarrassment and Cas elbowed him sharply.

"Any ideas Cas?" He asked, watching his husband's face contort as he considered, within seconds his expression brightened.
"What about that very interesting movie we watched years ago about the pizza delivery man and the lady, where he-"
"NO! Not that one!" Dean laughed nervously. He'd never really got round to explaining the concept of that particular 'movie' to Castiel.

Then again, once he and Cas finally got together, Dean didn't need those 'movies' anymore.

After a good five minutes of scrolling alphabetically, something caught Dean's eye. 'Twilight'. Wasn't that the movie with the werewolves? He grinned devilishly, this was the one. He clicked on it and Stiles groaned loudly.
"Dad, please no."

He quickly purchased it.
"Oops already bought it. Guess we gotta watch it now." He spotted Derek shifting uncomfortably in the corner of his eye, he felt it was going to be an entertaining experience.

After approximately 20 minutes of gaping on the clueless heroine's part and angsty stares from the main vampire, Dean sorely regretted picking the movie. There was hardly any mention of the werewolves and it was an incredibly boring film. Of course, despite his initial protests, Stiles was enraptured and was clearly enjoying the movie. He was hardly able to tear his eyes from the screen to eat his popcorn.

Eventually, the film drew to a close, and Dean couldn't shake a heavy feeling of shame for wasting over an hour of his adult life watching pale teenagers prance around sparkling and professing their love for each other. The one werewolf that made an appearance Dean recognised, as Stiles had a crush on the actor years ago in another movie where he played a shark or something.