25: A Stroll in the Woods

A/N: So I've been feeling extra motivated lately, hence two updates in two days! This chapter is a little hectic, but enjoy!

STILES
It was a Sunday morning when Scott rang Stiles seven times, consequently waking him up from a very pleasant slumber.
"What?" Stiles groaned into the receiver.
"Stiles! You need to get here right now! Jackson survived!" He practically yelled down the phone, Stiles held it away from his ear to save his ear drums from bursting.
"Be there in ten." He sighed, heaving himself out of bed. 'That's my chill Sunday out the window.' He thought wearily.

Once showered and dressed, he hopped into his jeep that he'd named Roscoe and pulled out of the drive. It didn't take him long to get to Derek's, Beacon Hills' lazy state in the early morning meant that there was hardly a single car on the roads. He reduced his shouting/singing to a hum when the jeep bumped over the uneven ground leading up to the Hale house, knowing Derek would hear him. 

He was met with the sight of Scott waving frantically from the porch when he slowed to a stop in the clearing. He hopped out the jeep, slipping his keys into his pocket and hurried over to his best friend.
"Is Isaac here?" Stiles asked. For some reason, Scott turned bright red at the mention of their other friend, avoiding eye contact.

"Uh no. Not yet." He answered, spinning on his heels to enter the house. Stiles decided to ignore it for now, they had more pressing matters to deal with. Scott led him down the steps to the basement and they entered the panic room, the door was already open and Derek was sitting on a chair from the dining room next to the Jackson's bed.

"I swear to god, you're freaks! You fight me at a party then lock me down here like some psycho serial killer?!" Jackson shouted.
"It wasn't really much of a fight considering I beat you senseless." Derek corrected, his tone calm and collected. Jackson let out a growl of frustration.
"Whatever. Just let me out of these things!" He shook the shackles for emphasis.

Derek sighed.
"We have to explain what's happening to you, Jackson."
"What's happening is that I'm going to go bat shit crazy on you when I get out." He snapped.
"Where was that fighting spirit when Derek broke your face?" Stiles piped up.

Jackson's head snapped downwards in the direction of his voice, a grimace spreading over his handsome face.
"Oh great." He groaned.
"You've been down here for two days, for your own safety."
"For my own safety? The hell does that-"
"Shut up and I will explain!" Derek roared. The room fell deathly silent.

Derek inhaled deeply then continued.
"You turned up on my doorstep Friday night completely out of it. You've been bitten by a werewolf. There were two possible outcomes, you could have died, or survived. Unfortunately, you survived." Jackson's expression was hilarious, he looked utterly thrown.

"What drugs are you on and where can I get some?" He sniped. Derek smacked a hand to his forehead in irritation.
"Jackson were serious. We had to keep you down here because when you shift for the first time, you go nuts." Scott added. Jackson seemed to be considering the situation for a moment, then his features twisted up in a look of disbelief.

"You're all liars. The is just a prank." Derek jumped up from his seat and threw his hands up in defeat.
"Someone's at the door. Scott stay with Jackson." He ordered. Stiles decided to follow him to the front door, curious about who it could be. Upon throwing the door open, Stiles recognised it to be Danny Mahealani from the Lacrosse team. They were on friendly terms thanks to Scott, and being the only two openly gay males in their school.