35: The Troop

A/N: Hey cuties, I'm sorry this took so long yada yada etc but this was a bitch of a chapter to write! ALSO I started my own totally original boy x boy story and it would mean so much if you'd check it out! I have a penchant for the sterek dynamic so I think there will be elements of them in there (they're like my sons at this point so I can't help it) AND I wondered, how do you guys imagine I look? I'm curious :P

DEREK
His eyes slowly roving across the living room of the Hale house, Derek's confidence rose. His pack were watching him, waiting for their leader to speak. Dean and Cas stood next to Scott, armed like they were about to step into a zombie apocalypse.
"As you all know, tonight is an extremely damned important night." Derek began.

"We will not screw up, no matter what, because if we don't bring Stiles back tonight I will make you wish it was you that was kidnapped." He finished firmly. "Just to confirm, Scott and Jackson will set things in motion, then the result of us will get that son of a bitch Peter." The remaining five men nodded grimly.
"Let's do this." Dean grimaced, hands on both guns on either side of his hips.

They trooped out of the house and Dean, Cas, Derek and Isaac proceeded to rub themselves in the mixture of mud, leaves, possibly animal dung and moss that littered the forest floor. Once Scott confirmed he could no longer smell any of them, they crept quickly into the thick of the trees.

Derek felt as if he were in the army or something as they made their way swiftly and near silently through trees and bushes. He could hardly hear anyone breathing, despite their heartbeats and the occasional snap of a minuscule twig, Derek felt as if he was moving with ghosts. He glanced up at the full moon in the sky and hoped Jackson would be able to handle himself.

When he decided they were deep enough into the forest, he raised a hand and everyone halted immediately. He indicated with his hands for everyone to spread out in a large semi-circle and once he couldn't hear anyone's heart beats, he turned to Scott and Jackson who stood in front of him, their scents a concoction of anticipation, excitement and fear.

Derek said nothing, but nodded at them once he couldn't hear anyone's heart beats other than the three of them. He made his way towards the arc of three people and noticed Dean and Cas were crouching in branches, while Isaac remained on the forest floor against the ground. He positioned himself similarly to Isaac and lay in wait.

The waiting game was near painful, but after what felt like maybe an hour, they heard footfalls in the leaves that was too heavy to be any average woodland creature. Derek smelt Peter before he saw him, he was already in wolf form. His scent was cautious, but still laced with his signature cockiness. Derek knew it'd be the end of him tonight.

He noticed a change in the scent which meant Peter had switched to human form.

SCOTT
The second Scott caught the scent of another wolf, his blood pressure rose. He was terrified, but angry, this was the man who'd taken away his best friend. He hadn't seen his uncle in years, but when he spotted the blond older man strolling towards them it brought back a flood of memories from his childhood.

"Scotty." Peter smirked. "How is my little nephew?" Scott stiffened immediately at the sound of his cold, teasing voice. "And what would you be doing with my wolf?"
"He's not your wolf, unc- Peter. He's part of our pack." Scott snapped, trying to sound formidable but not quite succeeding. Peter sensed this and burst out laughing.

"Your pack? You, Derek and your human mom? How cute." He sneered.
"Including me." Jackson finally spoke, much better at masking the nerves in his voice than Scott.
"You don't get to choose whose pack you're in, I made you." Peter sighed exasperatedly, pinching the bridge of his nose between his thumb and forefinger dramatically.