36: To Hell With The Plan

A/N: Hey guys, so, my life is a stressful, upsetting MESS, hence the slow updates. But I'm trying lmao. You know what would make me feel so much better? If you'd go read my new boy x boy story 'How to Fix a Mechanic' ❤️❤️❤️

DEREK
Adrenaline burned through Derek's veins as he, Dean and Castiel stalked their target closer and closer to the potential location of the thing they missed most. The tension weighed heavy in the air, Derek was so near to having his mate back with him where he belonged.

After what felt like hours of prowling through the foliage, they reached some kind of rural house. It was worn with age, parts of the roof fallen through and the walls had been claimed by nature. The group edged closer and closer, tossing glances at each other. They watched as Peter dragged himself through the front door, apparently still unaware of their presence.

Derek raised a hand, then pointed forward in the direction of the house. Dean and Castiel drew their weapons and Derek bore his teeth, but the second he took a step in the direction of the house, a scent that caused his heart to beat erratically hit his nose; Stiles.

Before he could form rational thoughts, he shot towards the building and burst through the door, to hell with the plan.
"Derek?!" He heard Dean yell behind him, but he didn't care. All that his mind could process was Stiles. Half turned and bordering on a full transformation, he shot past Peter who was braced for attack. Yelling ensued as Dean and Castiel presumably attacked Peter.

Derek sniffed high and low until he came to a door, he broke it down but his haste punished him severely. Something swung down from the ceiling, smacking him straight in the face. The last thing he remembered was tumbling down a set of stairs.

*

DEAN
"Derek?!" Dean yelled after the werewolf. What had happened to organisation? He and Castiel ran inside the doorway that had been left clear thanks to Derek's not-so-subtle entrance. They were met by the man they'd been following, he was grinning maniacally and flashing sharp teeth at them. The pair drew their weapons, pointing them at Peter.
"You think those will work against me? This was a witch's house. Spells everywhere." The man laughed.

Dean shot Castiel a worried look, was he bluffing? Dean attempted to fire a wolfsbane bullet at the pathetic excuse for a human being standing before them. The bang resounded in the hallway, but the second the bullet left the barrel, it disintegrated.
"Son of a bitch." Dean snapped, tossing the gun to one side and unsheathing his wolfsbane laced knife. There was an apparent theme in their choice of weapons that night.

Castiel did the same, drawing his own dagger and assuming a fighting stance. Just as they were about to launch an attack, there was a loud bang and a series of thuds that came from the direction Derek had disappeared in.
"God damn-" Dean growled but was interrupted by a werewolf flying at him, claws bared.

He fell backwards out the front door, trying to make strategic stabs as he wrestled to get the creature off him. Thankfully, Castiel came to his rescue, pulling the furry man off of him. Dean stood one side of Peter while Castiel took the other, akin to a twisted game of piggy in the middle. Derek flashed Cas a look to indicate he'd strike first, he lunged forward, knife ready to break the skin of the enemy, but his attack was readily received.

Peter whipped round and delivered a lethal punch to Dean's stomach, winding him. The shock caused him to drop his knife and his legs to buckle. Peter cackled hysterically, picking the weapon up and twirling it between his fingers.
"Thank you!" He smiled snarkily, his tone bathed in sarcasm.
"Fuck you." Dean wheezed, scrambling backwards in a desperate attempt to escape the impending danger.