Chapter 12

I walked in a daze back to the Gryffindor Tower. I couldn’t really think straight. I felt dizzy and excited all at the same time. Draco Malfoy had kissed me! He just pushed me up against the wall to the pitch and snogged me! It was a little short for my liking though. We heard people yelling for us, so it had to end. I didn’t want it to, and from the look on his face, he didn’t want it to end either. He told me he’d see me later though before he ran off to Zambini and all them. Kam and Ron were calling me. I was walking with them up to the tower, not that they noticed me much.

“You were so great, Ron! You only let seven quaffles get through!” she smiled, placing a hand on his arm.

He shrugged. “That was nothing compared to you. You were amazing! You scored more than half our points today, Kam.”

“Ron!” Seamus yelled from behind us. He was leading a crowd of Gryffindors, all loaded with treats. The ones who had free hands picked up Ron up and carried him into the common room.

I just smiled at them. I was still a little giddy from the kiss. Kam stopped me by putting out a hand. I looked at her to see that she was giving me an odd look. She turned me to face her properly, putting both hands on my shoulders.

“What happened after the game when you disappeared? I have a feeling it’s why you’re so…weird right now,” she smirked at me. “You know,” she added in a whisper, “I saw Draco pull you away. What happened?”

I licked my lips. “Well, he kissed me,” I said slowly.

“Oh. My. God! I can’t believe it! I guess you guys have been spending a lot of time together, but still! I can’t believe it!” she squealed again. “It must be the luck of the game. Hey, do you think that I could be able to snag Ron today as well?”

I shrugged. “Go for it!” I encouraged her with a push towards the portrait.

I followed her in and saw that Ron was still up on top of the crowd. She took in a deep breath as the crowd dropped him. She turned to me with a thumbs up. When she turned around, Lavender had already approached Ron and was snogging him! In front of everyone too, I might add. I felt so bad for Kam as she ran back out the portrait hole. When they finally broke for air, they came towards me. I was still standing in front of the portrait hole with my arms crossed as I glared at Lavender.

“Isn’t this great, Bestie!” she squealed and let go of Ron to squeeze me to death.

I pushed her off of me. “No, it’s not. I never wanted you to get with Ron, okay? I’m not your bestie, and guess what? I never will be. You’re just a complete psycho, Lavender, that no one wants around them, especially me. So, just leave me alone.”

She looked at me like she was about to cry. “If that’s what you want…” she said before turning to Ron. “Come on, Won-won. Let’s get out of here. We’re obviously not wanted.”

“No,” I smirked, anger still flooding my veins. “It’s just you.”

“I’ll meet you outside, okay?” Ron said to Lavender, who nodded and left us. “What’s wrong with you, Court? I mean, you were all smiles coming up here, but one look at a girl kissing me, and suddenly, you’re angry. I don’t get it…” he then trailed off and I rolled my eyes and opened my mouth to explain, but he cut me off. “Oh, Court! Don’t be jealous. There’s plenty of Ron to go around. It’s just Lavender’s turn,” he said with a smirk before whispering in my ear. “I kind of figured that you always had a thing for me, and you know what? This year you’re hot. So, just be patient, okay?” he then kissed my cheek before running out of the common room after Lavender.

I was too shocked to even say anything. I was definitely not jealous of Lavender. That was the most stupid thing that I had ever heard in my whole entire life! Ron was like a brother to me, and he would never be anything else. I can’t believe he even thought that, always jumping to conclusions, and oblivious to whom truly likes him. I wanted smack him right there in that moment, and had every notion to follow him to do so, but I had to find Kam first.