Chapter 27

My first instinct was to push him away, but as the kiss continued, I found that I liked it. I put my arms around his neck and deepened the kiss. It was just like when we first kissed back in my third year. It was sweet and perfect. It definitely was different from Draco’s kisses that were usually more passionate. Draco. The thought of him made me feel guilty for what I was doing, so I pushed Fred away. I looked into his eyes as I caught my breath. I bit my lip before running off towards the house where Kamrynn was smirking at me, and Ron was waiting with his arms crossed. Apparently no one else cared that I hadn’t followed them into the house.

“Courtney Thorne Flint!” Kam squealed as I stopped before them.

“What the bloody hell was that all about?” Ron practically yelled.

I shrugged. “I have no idea. He just…”

“Kissed you!” Kam finished for me.

I nodded. “Yeah.” I couldn’t think straight. I had no idea what was going on with me, but I was pretty sure that the affects were only temporary. I mean, I was in love with Draco, right?

“What about Draco?” Kam asked, leading me inside.

Ron’s footsteps were rather loud behind us as we went through the kitchen. He was obviously stomping. “Are you seriously asking her about Draco? Why would you be? Unless…” he was finally putting two and two together. I was surprised. “You still have feelings for that git? For Merlin’s sake, Court, I thought we went over this before. Draco is a deatheater-“

“I know!” I yelled and turned to him as my voice cracked. “I know. Okay, Ronald. You don’t have to go on like this! I know everything. I know more than you do. Draco is a deatheater, but he’s also getting married. He’s getting married to this really pretty girl that I can’t ever compete against. So, don’t lecture me when you know nothing about it!” As I was yelling, tears had started to spill from my eyes. I hated that I had started crying, and on the steps no doubt. I sat down on one of them as Kam sat down on one side and Ron on the other.

Ron put an arm around me. “I’m sorry, Court. I’m just looking out for you. You’re still one of my best mates no matter what happens. You know that, right?”

I nodded and leaned my head on his shoulder. “I know that. I love you, Ron.”

He kissed the top of my head. “I love you, too.”

“I had no idea. Why didn’t you tell me about Draco sooner?” Kam questioned, rubbing my other arm.

I shrugged. “We haven’t been alone for that long. I didn’t get to that part. This happened after we were in my room, Kam. Then this twit,” I playfully poked Ron in the chest, “walked in and I didn’t get to finish.”

Kam then leaned her head on my arm since I was still sideways from leaning on Ron. “This is so sad. Does this mean that you and Draco will never be together?”

I shrugged yet again. “I have no idea. I sure hope not, but then again I can’t just wait on him, can I? I’m so confused!” I then buried my head into Ron’s chest. “What should I do?”

“Do what makes you happy,” Ron suggested.

My head jerked from his chest so that way I could look him in the eye. “This coming from the guy who can’t break up with his girlfriend that doesn’t make him happy?”

He smirked down at me. “I guess that’s another one for Badass Hot Chicks?”

I nodded. “I think that brings us to what? Eight wins?”

Kam giggled. “That’s what it seems like. Eight for Badass Hot Chicks and seven for Ronald. That sounds about right.”

“Whoa, what a bloody minute,” Ron shook his head. “Where did you get eight from? I thought we decided that you had two this morning, so obviously you have three wins, whereas I still have seven. So, it’s Badass Hot Chicks three and Ron seven. Sound right? You bet it does?”

I rolled my eyes. “You’re so full of it, Ronald.”

“I’m full of sunshine and giggles that’s what I’m full of,” he smirked as I pushed him off of me with a smirk of my own.

“You’re a cold sore on the lip of life, Ronald,” Kam commented as Molly appeared at the foot of the steps with a smile on her face.

“Good to hear that you’re treating my son how he deserves to be treated,” she laughed. “Cold sore on the lip of life, you girls are just too much! Well, it’s time for dinner. You three want to round up the rest of the kids for me?”

“Now you’ve got mum on your side,” Ron whined as we walked up the stairs. “It’s because your all girls. Same sexes pull together. That’s all it is. If I would’ve said that to you, I would’ve been made to apologize. You guys are like an immunity to my mother, you know that? It’s bloody annoying.”

Kam and I just exchanged looks and continued what Molly told us to do. All throughout dinner, Fred kept giving me looks. You know what kind of looks I’m talking about. Those kinds that make my face red and put butterflies in my stomach. I didn’t want that to happen, but it was. I just wanted Draco to show up and kiss me passionately and remind me that I was in love with him, but he was probably at his manor being swept off his feet by that girl. The thought made my stomach hurt, and I lost my appetite pretty quick.

“May I be excused?” I asked Molly and Arthur, who said that I was able to leave.

I headed outside. The moonlight danced across the naked branches of the trees. It was so beautiful and so romantic. It made me wish that Draco was there with me. I then heard the click of the door and turned to see Fred. I sighed and turned back.

“What are you doing out here all alone?” he asked, moving right beside me.

I rolled my eyes. “Just thinking.”

“A penny for your thoughts?”

I shook my head. “I don’t want to talk about it.”

“Are you thinking about our kiss?” he asked after a few moments of silence. “It seems obvious that that’s what your conflicted about it. Do you have a boyfriend or something? Is that why you were so reluctant to kiss me?”

I nodded. “Something like that. Fred, I’ve already given my heart away, but…”

“But?” he prompted.

“But he’s also shattered it. I’m conflicted because I liked the kiss. I shouldn’t have liked the kiss, but I did. I can’t get it out of my mind. I also feel guilty about it because I love…” I paused for a second, “someone else. It was like I was cheating on him even though we aren’t together. We were never really together, but we both told each other that we loved each other. I’m also afraid that my feelings for you are coming back, but that can’t be so…”

He nodded. “Who are you in love with?”

“I’d rather not say,” I sighed.

“It’s not my brother is it?” I laughed not able to help myself. “It’s none of your brothers.”

He nodded. “So, what are you going to do about your mixed feelings?”

I looked at him, and he looked at me. I had no idea what I was going to do. It wasn’t simple. It wasn’t black and white. Life had shades of grey, and this was definitely a grey spot in my life. I continued to look at him until I decided. It was just an experiment and nothing more. It was my decision this time. He just provided the opportunity. So, I leaned in and kissed him.

A/N: I know, some of you must be furious with me, but I don’t care. This is important to the plot. But I do have a question for you guys: Are you team Draco or Team Fred? I saw that some people agreed with the kiss at the end of the last chapter, and some didn’t. Comment and let me know. Oh, and don’t forget to vote! We need to stay number one, right? Right! Also, I have a new fanfiction up called ‘Beautiful Mess’. It’s a mystery story! Go check it out. Be sure to vote and comment on that too! Thanks. <3