"monkey"

Years ago, mornings were the worst part of my day. Mornings meant another day to mope around and feel sorry for myself. Mornings were agonizing.

But, then I met probably the best person on the planet and mornings after that were okay. Mornings meant waking up to my husband Gerard.

****

I wake up to one of the dogs barking. It's a Saturday and also still dark out. I'm not surprised that I'm the first to wake up, seeing that Gerard could probably sleep through a nuclear war.

I kind of like waking up before him, because he is honest to god, the prettiest fucking thing ever but he hates being stared at. He has the fluffiest hair and eyeliner smudged to hell. How could I not?

A wave of sudden, pure adoration for the man I loved washes over me as I realize I should let the dogs out so they don't piss on any furniture.

I make my way through our kitchen to the back door to let them out, thinking about my rumbling stomach. I just got groceries yesterday, and he would love pancakes.

I am such a good fucking husband, goddamn.

I got the pancake mix out, and started mixing and humming to the tune of a smiths song.

When the batter started to sizzle on the griddle, I felt arms snake around my waist, which is one of the nicest feelings you can experience.

I smile to myself because of how cheesy and adorable Gerard is.

"Good morning sunshine." He say, laughter in his voice.

"Mornin' beautiful." I responded, waiting for a reaction. He turns me around, wanting a kiss, the spatula still in my hand.

"Baby, I gotta flip these fuckers." I saw his eyes widen and his jaw drop in my peripheral vision.

"Oh my god. Frankie. Pancakes." He says, a shocked expression and a smile plastered to his tired face. I kissed him to forcefully shut him up.

"Pancakes for my monkey." I replied with a smile. He returned it, giggling.

"Your monkey. Frankie's monkey." He said, while I dipped my index finger into some batter and smeared it on his pointy nose.

"Now you're a breakfast monkey."

****

After I actually didn't burn all of the pancakes, Gerard and I sat on the couch eating pancakes and watching Scooby Doo.

I realized my life was actually perfect when Sweet Pea curled by his feet on the sofa.

My own little family.

I got up to put the plates away, but felt my own heartstrings tighten when a whimper left his lips. I focused on the feeling of the heavy, dirty plates in my hands as to not burst into tears.

"I can't get a fuckin' thing done if you're just gonna be adorable all day." I said to his nearly asleep figure. He murmured something I couldn't catch, but knew it had something with an I love you in it.

He makes my heart burn.

****

IM SORRY I know this is short as hell bare with me

if u got the twenty one pilots  joke about the plates I applaud you. I realized the pun and just left it there
also if u like the smiths I got some one shots coming up with the name of a shitload of smiths songs because they're all so good and I lov them sm

****