well i wonder

a.n. ok hello I highly advise listening to well I wonder by the smiths while reading this love y'all

~

Frank walked in and out of shitty little stores around town all day, not noticing that it had started raining; and not raining like sprinkling, like heavy as fuck.

****

When he noticed this adorable looking book store to be open, he nearly ran inside. Just after he stepped in, he was not only greeted with unexpected silence, but a boy shelving a few books with his bag and jacket beside him. He had a small rectangular name tag, but was too small for Frank to read.

There was something about him. Frank thought he had been graced with the presence of an angel or a pixie.

When the boy eventually got up and noticed Frank staring at nothing in particular, he brushed off the dust kind of everywhere on himself and looked up at the dripping wet man.

"We don't have public restrooms, if that's what you're here for, Sir." Frank's head snapped back to the boy when he monotonously spoke up.

"Oh- no, I uh- it's raining, and I'm parked way far away, so I thought I'd come in here till it passes so I can walk to my car." He responded. The sullen boy did what looked like rolling his eyes, but that was kind of understandable when a soaking wet stranger walks into your brother's fucking bookstore right as you're attempting to close it for the day.

"Well I'm just trying to close up, so you can leave now. Im working my brother's store and I don't have a car so I gotta walk, hence the early closing. You'll have to come back another time." Gerard impatiently huffed.

When the boy passes him, he notices the tag on his shirt read Gerard. His name fit, it was fucking adorable.

"I mean- do you need a lift? It's no trouble at all. I don't want you to walk in the rain more than you need to. Just stay here and I can run to my car real quick." Frank didn't know why he said the last part like it was a question. Usually, really hot people don't take rides home from strangers that just come waltzing into their stores.

After Gerard hesitantly agreed, Frank tried to carry himself like he isn't overly enthusiastic.

He was calm, cool, and collected until he turned a corner. Frank then broke into a grin when Gerard trusted him with a ride home. Giving someone really hot and adorable a ride home shouldn't have been that big of a deal, but to Frank it was huge.

When he finally reaches his car, he tries to fix his hair so he doesn't look like he'd just rolled out of bed.

He fishes through all the shit in his car to find his Meat is Murder CD, hoping his future passenger will react positively to The Smiths. He puts on the song Well I Wonder to fit the mood, seeing as it was gloomy and raining.

Frank struggles to clear the passenger seat of any shit and simultaneously drive back to where the book store was.

When he arrives, he sees an awkward looking Gerard wearing a small smile with his minuscule teeth.

"I never caught your name" He said, approaching the car. Frank turns the music down and reaches for the door handle to actually let the now dripping boy in.

"Frank. I'm Frank. Lovely to meet your acquaintance, stranger." Before answering Frank's friendly question and letting him actually know his name, Gerard's jaw lowers and his eyes widen as he listens to the song being played.

"The Smiths. No fucking way dude. I love them," Gerard says, before realizing Frank had yet to know his name. "Also, Oh- my name is Gerard. I love the Smiths. Nice to meet you, Frank."