mean streak

ahh yes another one shot with the title of a song. this one is by deep purple💫💫

--

Gerard sat on his bed, bored out of his skull. He felt really weird knowing that he couldn't hang out with Frank, because he was busy. His best and practically only friend just happened to live marginally far away and attend a different school than he did.

In their teenage world, it was like a rule that you would only be friends with people that go to your school.

In addition, Frank was a much more social person than Gerard was. Frank had really cool friends that were in bands and actually did cool stuff.

Gerard didn't remember meeting any of them, and Frank never introduced them.

So, whenever Frank would tell him stories about how cool his friends were, it saddened Gerard.

This was one of those times. "Gee! You're never gonna fucking believe how cool James is, oh my god." Frank said in between fits of laughter.

It was really weird for Gerard. His only friend was having the time of his life without him.

"Frankie, can you tell me later? I gotta-" He said, just wanting to go to sleep and forget about this stupid phone call.

"Wait wait wait. I'm gonna hang up now, James just came back. I'll catch you later."

Gerard sat with the phone in his hands, staring at nothing in particular and trying to process what just happened. God he's such a dick.

~

Gerard once again sat on his bed and felt almost worthless.

He was mentally going over the reasons that Frank had been blowing him off lately. Hanging out with his friends, going to shows with his friends, going to the movies, the mall, to someone's house, to someone's friend's party.

Gerard felt like an obstacle in Frank's way to having fun and it fucking sucked. In his bad mood, Gerard decided that he was going to ignore him.

--

A few days later, school carried on as usual. He had at least four missed calls from Frank and hasn't yet checked his voicemail. Gerard wanted that asshole to suffer.

In some ways, he was glad that himself and Frank went to different schools, because it made the whole ignoring process more effective and left Gerard less guilty than he thought he'd be.

But for some odd reason, Gerard decided that it might make him feel better if he wrote out his frustrations on a ripped piece of paper, and then just shove it back in his bag.

"You don't understand that you can't brag to me about how cool other people are that I don't know. You know I don't have any friends. You're the only one. Frankie, it hurts my feelings a lot. Please stop it."

--

Frank called Gerard numerous times after telling him about how fucking rad his friends are. He felt like he made Gerard uncomfortable. He didn't get why, but he could tell.

Frank knew that he was Gerard's only friend, but doesn't understand why he was upset. Aren't friends supposed to be glad their friends are happy? Was he jealous?

A few hours after Frank got home from school he went to call Gerard again to see if this time he'd actually answer.

After a few rings of the dial tone, an automated voice filled his ears. Is Gerard still ignoring him over something so fucking dumb? He was seriously jealous of him over something that stupid.

He then went downstairs to his mom to ask if he could take his bike to Gerard's.

~

Gerard was sitting in his darkened room, listening to music and drawing shitty designs on his arm with a fat blue crayola marker. His backpack was left against the door, because the door was broken and wouldn't shut fully.

What he didn't expect was for his heavy bag, with the note inside, to be pushed across the floor and see Frank in the flesh, with furrowed brows.

"Why are you ignoring me? What did I ever do to you?" He said, blatantly confused.

"How the fuck did you get in here?" Gerard said, angered and missing his friend.

"Your mom let me in." Frank said back, moving closer to the boy.

"Just tell me why? What did I do Gee? Tell me. I miss you."

Gerard sat and stared at his backpack, now noticing the note sticking out of it, with the exact reason why he was mad. It reminded him.

"I'm not doing this right now. I don't want to." He finally said, getting up and getting  away from his only friend. Gerard left the room out of frustration, not knowing where his destination was in the puny house. He decided it would be the kitchen.

--

Frank sat on Gerard's bed, confused. He was staring at this piece of paper while Frank was taking to him. He figured it was probably just a doodle, and was shocked when he read it's actual contents.

He understood.

~

After Frank found Gerard in his kitchen eating a piece of toast, he gave him a sympathetic look.

"Gee I... I'm sorry. I get it now. It was a real dick move to brag about how great my new friends are and to cancel on you all the time. It wasn't cool and I'm really sorry." Frank said, capturing the boy in a hug, still holding his buttered toast.

"It's okay, I guess. I just get really jealous and possessive over you sometimes. Like I don't know how to make friends like you do. but I accept your apology. Are we cool now?" Gerard said with a sad look on his face that soon turned brighter.

"Of course. I'm gonna include you in a lot more and we'll hang out even more than we have in the summer. You know that I love my Gee." Frank said, taking the toast out of the boy's hand and kissing him on the cheek. "We're cool."

He handed the toast back to the flustered boy with a bite missing, and walked towards the door. "Oh, also- you're coming over this weekend and I'm gonna beat you at those dungeon games you love so much. Adios, Gee Wiz."

Gerard was so glad that his only friend wasn't an asshole anymore.

~~~~

ok real talk I'm having this problem with like my only friend and like this was nice to write???

idk it helped me a little with the problem I'm having and that's cool as hell.

ALSO ITS RECORD STORE DAY AND I NEVER FOUND THE PINKISH/DONT TRY 7" UGH

have a lit saturday or sunday y'all.

comment/vote!!