chapter 16:

"Umm....hello." 

"You have a lot of explaining to do, young lady." Alejandro side-stepped me and skipped inside.

He wandered into the house, followed by me and the other two ladies, checking the doors and entering into one which I assumed to be the living room.

He made himself comfortable by sitting on a love seat. Without a sound, Valery took her seat beside him whereas Ivanna sat other couch of the living room.

"Who is it?" Edward called from the kitchen.

"It's us," Ivanna yelled back.

The room fell dead silent after those words left her mouth. Not a sound from kitchen, either. Valery's face was expressionless and Ivanna's was ducked, checking the wooden floor.

After a minute of deadly silence where I was fidgeting with my fingers and Alejandro was looking at me with a blank expression, Edward entered. "Nice to see you all."

Alejandro nodded. "Same here. We are forever in debt to you. Now if you will excuse us..."

Alejandro started to rise from his seat. Suddenly Edward's face became alert. "No! You are not leaving. I started cooking for all of us already. Perhaps, a dinner might do good."

Just say yes, Alejandro. I could at least formulate a way to escape his wrath if he just accepted the invitation then. His robotic tone was bleeding my ears and raising an unknown fear in the pit of my stomach. And by no means I was ready to attend a lecture.

I ticked off Alejandro's mood and  was damn sure that not only me but also Valery and Ivanna were going to pay a visit to Mr. Alejandro's temper. Maybe, by the end of the dinner, his anger subsides a little.

"No Edward. This is something serious. But sure, I will meet you sometime soon."

"But-" Edward  started to protest but by one stern glance from Alejandro had shut his mouth. He just managed to nod and drop us off by the door. 

"See you later, Edward," Ivanna gave him a side hug and proceeded towards the car.

"Bye," I said, a whisper, actually. I waved him using my right hand and he waved me back but not before giving me a side-hug and whispering, "Be careful next time and good luck with Alejandro. Though I don't know why does he care so much about you."

There was an unreadable expression on his face before he managed to slip a reassuring smile on his face. I looked one more time at the beige colour two storey house, the brown door  matched with it, and the man standing by the door last time before something crossed my mind.

I ran in his direction, and hugged him tight once. "You have been a good friend to me. I don't know how you saved me but I am safe now is what it matters. We may not meet again. So, thanks for all the help you did me. Saved me two times and making my ex jealous, etc. Thank you."

I  released him from the hug and adjusted myself. He was confused, and was trying decipher my words. But before any question had arose, I left him hanging by the door, in deep thoughts.

The car ride to the palace was dead silent. I did not knew what to expect once we step into the doors of palace. Do mom and dad know about this? What about Sein and Phillipe? How would they react if they get to know that someone tried to kidnap me? Once again.

May the odds be on my side, was what I wished all the way to palace. What if Edward did not see me on time? Where would I have been by now? I might be dead by now, right?

I rolled the window glass up when cold night air was giving me shivers and freezing my fingers. This cold's just a small stone when compared to the winter nights I had spent in New York years back. But now, I had been residing here for five years that I do not even remember how the winters felt in NY.