Chapter 25:

I got two days to revise my decision related to Samuel and Ethan. Two days of intense brain storm later, I came to a conclusion that Ethan needs both me and Samuel.

Even though I vowed to myself that I'd not let Samuel converse and indulge in my son's life, I couldn't help but break the vow. But, if Samuel really was interested to participate in my-our son's life then he must agree to some terms and conditions along with realizing the bitter hidden truth of Alice.

We walked towards Ethan's room in silence, occupied in our own mixed thoughts. He must be probably wondering why did I ask him to come with me. But I was thankful that he didn't question further and decided to come with me. Sometimes, he did use his garbage filled brain.

Once I closed the door softly behind me, I ordered him to sit. In his sleepy daze, he silently occupied the seat on the bed.

"What happened, Bridget?" he asked, his voice rough.

"I need to discuss a very important matter with you. No shouting, no yelling, just an intellectual conversation between us, okay?" I asked in a hard voice, leaving no room for any emotion. Though my stomach churned a little when he called me Bridget, my choice was to completely ignore it.

"Okay."

Once he agreed, I opened the video of me and Alice and presented him that. "Watch this."

His face contorted in sheer confusion as to what the video was about but he took the phone from me, slight hesitation evident in his eyes. He played the video and immediately the conversation exchanged between me and Alice resonated in the room.

Though the sound wasn't loud, due to the silent atmosphere we could make out the words clearly. If it would've been a normal day and not almost midnight, I was sure that we couldn't have heard half of the conversation.

I studied his features, tension rising from the pit of my stomach as his palms hardened around the phone, his jaw and cheekbones became more visible as he clenched his teeth tight, and his eyes turned a darker shade of gray.

For a moment fear rose in me. Taking the past instances as examples, I wouldn't be surprised if he threw the phone against the wall and yelled, "You lying bitch! How can you photo shop?"

I prayed the almighty, silently wishing the odds to be on my side. 

I didn't want to be a guilty person in his eyes anymore. I wanted to have a civil conversation with him without putting on a world war-3. When I had a conversation with my son yesterday, I realized how much the boy was craving for his dad.

"Ethan?"

"Yes, momma?" He sprinted in my direction leaving Sein in the pool. 

I mustered all my strength and asked, "Do you love papa?"

"Yes! I love daddy and the chocolates he give me. Now I can play foot ball with him like Anthony do! And I can swim with him, watch T.V. and Bruno and daddy on walk." 

After he said those, I made a decision, a decision which could amend the life of Samuel and Ethan and me too. But first, Samuel's decision mattered. I didn't want to impose any kind of burden on Samuel with my decisions.

"So..." Samuel said softly breaking me out of my thoughts. In clear confusion I looked at him and realized that I zoned out and he was done watching the video. He gazed the floor intently, trying to comprehend the situation and pondering whether to believe it or not, I guess. My mind still bothered about the photo shop accusation.

"So, you wanted to show how big of a fool I was? How big of an idiot I was and let Alice down, isn't it?" his voice was strong, even though the pitch wasn't high.