Chapter 23

"Welcome Sein! We were just talking about you!" Ivanna smiled at him.

"So I've heard." He put on a poker face so it was difficult to comprehend his thoughts at that moment.

"How much did you hear?" I asked.

"Only the last line and I just wanted to say please come downstairs there is someone to meet you." With that, he scrambled out of the room.

I wanted to talk to him and ask him who was there for me but he was so in a rush that I didn't even get a chance. Was he embarrassed or maybe, he probably thought I was a complete weirdo. I just hoped that he'll speak to me after this.

I turned and glared at Ivanna who was innocently unpacking her necessities for a bath.

"It was all because of you."

"What was because of me?" she asked, too innocently.

"You know it, Ivanna."

"I know what, Sofia?"

"Don't play around the bull." (I've just changed the phrase:P)

"Who's the bull?"

"Are you going to accept it or not?" I sighed frustrated with her mindless responses. She could be annoying when she wanted to. Twisting the words and dragging an interrogation was her favorite part, I guess.

"Nope. And don't you have someone waiting for you?" Wow! Smooth, very smooth. She just turned the topic around.

Who might be visiting me right now? I already made it clear to all my acquaintances and friends that I'd be on a holiday and I doubted if anyone knew our destination. Maybe, I should've stopped Sein and enquired first.

"But, who might be visiting now?"

"I don't know,' I replied when Ivanna asked me the same question.

"I guess we can call the receptionist?"

"Right." I quickly jumped over to the other side of the bed where there was a telephone placed on a bed side table. There were numbers displayed on a card stuck on the table which clearly mentioned whom to call in the time of need.

I searched for the required one and dialled the number in rush.

"hola , señora , ¿en qué puedo ayudarle?" the receptionist's voice came through. (Hello ma'am, how may I help you?"

"Estoy llamando desde la habitación reservada bajo el nombre de Sofía . ¿Puede por favor compruebe que me visitó ?"  (I'm calling from the room booked under the name of Sofia. Can you please check who visited me?)

"Un minuto." After the silence of a minute came the reply which jumbled my brain cells, "Alice Beckham."

"Thank you," I said breathlessly and immediately cut the call. I put down the receiver hastily and fumbled with my fingers as to what Alice was doing here.

"Who is it?" Ivanna asked carelessly.

"Alice." The two syllables made her stop doing whatever she was doing. This was very sudden for we expected to talk with her after the trip. Couldn't she leave us for to days? I just wished my trip not to get ruined because of some senseless bitch.

"What does she want now?" Ivanna asked incredulously.

"I wish I knew."

"I'm going down. Coming with me?" I asked Ivanna.

"Sure, but wait. Can you bring her to the garden behind our rooms where there are some giant trees, too?"

"What is the need of that, Ivanna?" I'd probably sit by the eating area where I could at least plop some food in my grumbling stomach rather than in a garden. I couldn't possibly munch the grass.