Chapter 26

"Someone is happy," Sein entered my room when I was getting Ethan ready for the day. Ethan skipped school today, I gave him the leisure to skip actually. Yesterday he was very tired from the long day already, he deserved a leave from school.

And yes, I had been very happy from morning. Scratch that,  was ecstatic. I smiled more than I did in the past year and an unknown excitement twirled in my stomach when I recollected my plans for the day. I was going to repair every other mistake that I made as the life progressed.

"Shouldn't I be?" I raised my eyebrow.

For a second his face twisted in horror. "Trying to use the evil card, aren't we?"

"Well, I can't help that someone is a fool." I giggled. He could be adorable at times. I was definitely going to miss him. But, no worries, a great man invented skype for these purposes. When I'd move out of Spain, Skype would always act as my rescue team from the chaos of my new life.

"Well....if you are ready, everyone's waiting downstairs for you," he said. 

Will everyone respect my decision and understand it from my point of view? I glanced down at Ethan, he was tucking his shirt inside his pants. He loved the look. Mostly he preferred, tucked in shirts, loose ties and fitted jeans. He already behaved like a handsome boy, good luck to all the girls who'd befriend him in future.

This decision is going to affect him the most along with my parents as everyone started growing on him and vice-versa.

My heart became brittle for a moment when I thought about him. But I knew, I knew that eventually he'll come to his understanding. 

"Well...shall we?" Sein's voice brought me back to reality. Though I was happy at the same time I was sad, hurt, afraid. My hands would shake and my legs would go weak when I utter te bitter truth in front of my parents and bring them to light. My stomach twisted as an image of their face filled with the look of betrayal flashed in my brain.

They wouldn't be too disappointed in me, would they?

I hoped not.

"Come on." I grasped Ethan's little palm in mine and followed Sein out of my giant room. Sein whistled all the way to the hall as we skipped hallways, stairs and greetings of some guards. For the reasons unknown, Sein seemed overly joyed on the way to the hall. Was he having some good news?

Once we reached the room, the giant doors were pushed open. The door squealed at its hinges and an irritated shiver ran through me at the sound. 

"Good Morning!" Everyone greeted, some cheerful and some dull and boring. Ethan immediately left my grip and sprinted towards his grandpa. Dad lifted him up and settled him in his lap. Even though dad and mom were absent the first three weeks we moved into the palace, Ethan managed to get cozy around them after they returned. 

"So, what is the important matter you wanted to discuss?" Mom asked me, smiling. The wrinkles spread throughout her face, an indication that she was tired, very much, and she couldn't wait to pass over the responsibilities. 

Only few days, mom, until the deserving person is crowned.

I eyed Samuel and Alice, seated at the far end of the room but on different couches. For the first time, Alice wasn't on Samuel's lap, neither was she smirking triumphantly throwing smug smiles. On that moment, something changed, Samuel didn't believe if Alice tried to feed him lies after yesterday night. For once, I felt proud of him. Maybe, he finally realized that trust isn't something that should be played with.

"I want to talk about my ex-husband mom," I said, calmly. Everyone in the room stiffened, my parents, my brother, Sein, Samuel and last but not the least, Alice whilst Ethan was playing on the mobile, oblivious to the atmosphere.