Home Sweet Home

The morning light filled in and I turned to meet the familiar warm eyes of my mate and see his smiling face.

"Good morning." I say, snuggling into him.

"Good morning." He replies, kissing the top of my head.

We stayed there for a while before we got ready for the day, deciding to go to the pack house for breakfast and to see our family.

Today I would be introduced as their Alpha, not Luna. Dom had specified that since I half help turn the pack around and made it more fiercer, and because I took charge like an alpha.

We showered and dressed quickly, me taking my time to look at my now black, blue and purple bruise but it will be gone by tomorrow, perks of being a werewolf included the greatest healing ever.

The path to the house was clear and we walked in the warm winter morning, talking about baby names and how the nursery will look like.

As soon as we walked into the pack house, I was instantly enveloped in hug after hug, the friends who had become like family welcoming me home as their other Alpha and I smiled.

Finnally I was able to make it to the buffet table where the food was laid out and I grabed a plate, filling it.
I had found my brother, his mate, and his pups and joined them at the table, Dom coming to sit beside me.

"So how does it feel to be home?" Zack asks me and Dom.

"Its amazing. I missed everyone so much" I say, smiling when I see Abby use the home made jam that was made with berries from my store.

"Wow this is amazing, babe try it." She holds out the jam covered toast for my brother and he takes a bite.

"It is, Amber where do you buy this?" He asks.

"We don't, Amber makes it using berries from her green house. Its the same berries we cook with and snack on too. She also grows vegetables." My mate answers and I take the opportunity to swipe the sausage from his plate and eat it.

"Hey, that was mine!" He states and I smile mischievously. "

"As mates, whats mine is yours and whats yours is mine. Besides, I need more food since my plate is empty and I am  hungry and pregnant." I retort, getting a chuckle from Zack and a giggle from Abby.

"She kinda has a point." It was Blue who said that as he sat down in the last remaining chair.

"I always knew that in the end you would be an Alpha Am, I am proud of you." My adopted father says and I feel my eyes tear up as I get up and walk to where he is, hugging him tightly.

"Thanks Blue." I whisper.
I took this oportunity to grab my empty plate and piling the food on again before I sit back down between Zack and Dom.

"Any cravings yet?" Abby asks and I nodd.

"Chocolate and cheese cake." I say before taking a bite of a juicy sausage.
We continued eating before Syde came up to us with a grim expression.

"We need to talk in your office, this includes Blue and Zack." We get up quickly after his words and leading the way upstairs to the office, worry gnawing at me.

Once inside I sat in Dom's lap, feeling his arms wrap around me, his hands resting on my stomach, making me wince from the bruise.

[Sorry.] He links me, moving his hand and arm away from the painful spot.

"What is it?" I ask as everyone else sat down.

"Yesterday after we left, a soulless band of about one hundred wolves attacked Forest Paw. Only five survivors are known so far."
I hear Blue gasps and watch Zack as he got up and paced the room.

"I know what he did was wrong, but what about my son?"

"He and three others fled before they were attacked. He let them all die with out his help and support." Blue nodded, anger visibly on his face.

"The others are requesting to join this pack."

"Let them." Dom says, taking a deep breath.

"They didn't stand a chance because of their alpha and because of me, let them know they can join and have twenty wolves with moving vans help them move and look for survivors. Bring food and medical supplies." Syde nodds and leave.

Blue and Zack left shortly and I snuggled closer to Dom.

"Its not your fault." I tell him quietly, feeling his head burry into the crook of my neck, his lips on my mark.

"I know but I still feel guilty."
The rest of the day we stayed in his office, doing work.

Lease brought up enough food that we had left over and after some time we stopped to watch a movie on his laptop.
My stomach growled and he chuckled.
"Sorry." I shyly apologize.

"Don't be. I'll meet you down stairs after I grab something."

"Okay." I smile and kiss him before I make my way down to the dining area.

I grab a plate of food and sit at a table for two, waiting for Dom, who shows up in five minutes, his eyes scanning for me.

[Come to me for a moment Fire.]

[Why Ice?]

[Just come please.]

I sigh and leave my food where it is and make my way to my mate, being pulled into a hug that included a passionate kiss.

"Everyone, attention please." He calls out once we pull away.

The room goes silent and I smile gently at the crowd.

"As you all know, I have found my mate, our Head Tracker Amberle. Now she is your second Alpha, not a Luna." I smile at his words, looking at him with pure love.

"Now as you all bear witness-" he gets down on one knee and holds a box out, my eyes wattering with tears as I look at him utterly happy.

"-Fire, will you marry me?"

I stared at him as everyone waited for an answer.

"Yes." I whisper, knowing the crowd could hear me.

"What was that? I couldn't hear." Dom says getting up and leaning into me with his ear cuped.

"I said yes." I almost shout, getting him to wince. Some times having were wolf hearing was a good thing, other times a curse.

"Well you don't need to yell." My mate huffs out, the crowd laughing while he opens the box and slipping a ring with the most beautiful diamond on my finger that looked like flames and ice dancing together in the shape of a heart, little saphires shaped like waves on either side of the antique gold ring.

[Its called a fire and ice diamond, its been in my family for over three hundred years.] he links me as he pulls me into a kiss, the pack hooting and cheering for us.

I knew then that my life will be completed in his arms with our family surounding us.