Chapter 2

Chapter 2

School is just around the corner and I have to say I'm not exited. I don't really like going to a new school. You don't know anyone and you feel like the odd one out. And lunch time is the worst part of it all. Schools generally have cliques and the cliques usually sit together at lunch. When your the new girl, you aren't a part of anything. Which makes finding a lunch table much more complicated.

"Annie time to wake up! It's your first day of school and you shouldn't be late!"says mom.
"Okay mom. I really would rather not go at all. Don't you know how hard your first day at a new school is?"
"You have done this a thousand times",she says,"If anyone knows how hard it is it's you."
I get out of bed and go straight to my closet. I pull out the first thing I find. A red t-shirt with absolutely no design, and since it's so hot out I grab a pair of blue jean shorts and some flip flops. I throw the clothes on then I brush through my long brown curly hair. I run downstairs and pull out a random box of cereal.
"That kind of cereal is mine! I picked that out when I went to the store with mom!" Said my little brother Steven
"Stop wining it's just cereal, we can go get more later."

After he ran upstairs I pulled the milk out of the fridge and I grabbed a bowl. Just as I started dumping the cereal in the bowl my mother yells "Come get in the car! It's time to go!"
I drop everything, grab my backpack, and run outside. Just as I buckle my seatbelt my dad comes out and throws me a granola bar.
"I thought you would get hungry since you skipped breakfast!" He says
"Thanks dad."

Mom speeds us to school in our junky 1995 year old truck. Once we get there Steven and I part our ways. I go and attempt to find the office which has my class schedule.
I find the office and go in.
"Hi I'm Annie, um I'm new here and I was wondering if you had my class schedule?"
"Oh yes we do. You are a junior right?"
"Yes"
"Okay here you go! The first bell rings in five minutes!"
"Thank you!"