2

i'll update when this gets 30 votes along with the last chapter

jade lauren culver

all day. he managed to ignore me, his best friend, all day. he was no where to be seen during lunch. he didn't ask if i needed a ride home- thank god i drove myself- he acted as if i was invisible. and man did it make me feel pathetic.

i needed to resolve the knotted feeling in my stomache. the fact that he had made me feel like shit all day made my belly twist and turn. can't he understand a mistake when he sees one. i've never shown that i liked him before what makes him think i would send that to him out of the blue in an intimate sort of way.

that is, unless he likes me. which, i think, is rather funny. he dated a girl named eliza for about two months last year but she broke it off because she thought we were dating behind her back. that really pissed him off. i, on the other hand, thought it was hilarious; that pissed him off even more. he liked her though, i know that for a fact.

i park my car outside of his house and walk towards his front door. his parents usually aren't here around this time, and either way they'd let me in. cameron is in college, grayson is nonexistent, maybe i can talk to him, if the house is empty. i knock on the door four times like we used to when we were younger.

for some immature reason, we thought it was necessary for us to have a hidden passcode everytime we went to each other's house. we haven't used that knock in quite a while and hopefully it brings back happy memories that help him to unlock this damned door and let me in.

i wait for twenty seconds before doing it again. he can't ignore me at his own house, i frown. i walk around the back, and look up to his room. the window isn't open, but i know how to pick a lock, and so i find myself climbing into his roof from the porch deck. multiple cars glance by and glare at me and i ignore them while fiddling with the window seal.

once i unlock it, i slide the window as far open as it can go and slide into the room belly first. i roll across the floor and quickly shut the door before doing a complete spiral in his bedroom. he's nowhere to be found. and then i see the light on the bathroom.

he's been in the shower blasting frank ocean's lost for the past ten minutes and that's why his deaf self couldn't hear the doorbell, but it's not like he'd open it anyway. i hear him turn off the song and start to open the door. i stand up almost instantly and jump into his two-door closet. i shut it and watch him as he walks into his room and sits on his bed, his blue towel wrapped around his torso.

he hums lightly, and i almost bust out laughing. my heart beat is fast and i wonder if he can hear it. my nerves start to kick in as he takes his long ass time putting on another pair of shorts and a chill shirt. then, once he's fully changed i burst out of the closet and smile.

---------------------------