3

jade lauren culver

he screams and then falls on the floor grabbing his chest and head. i laugh for about five minutes until he realizes that it was only me and not a serial killer.

"jade, what the fuck?!"

"you were playing music and i knocked on the door about six times and you didn't answer so i let myself in."

he eyes the slightly cracked open window and glances back at me. he tries to hide the amused look on his face and i smile again. he sits on his bed and i stand in front of him. he seems to be thinking of something and almost immediately afterwards he looks up at me and yells.

"how long were you in there?"

"ten minutes."

"you saw me change, jade!"

"yea. but it's fine because that was basically a nude so now we're even."

i break into a smile, for the fifth time today, and he shakes his head. he runs his hands through his hair and frowns.

"jade, you are so stupid."

"shut up, asshole."

he frowns, and a straight face takes over his once playful demeanor. jeez, since when did he start being bipolar? i fold my arms and he looks at me. he looks at my facial features. at my lips, my eyes, my nose, my ear piercings. he glances at them as if he's just now really looked at me and i frown again.

"jade, you can't send nudes."

and here we go with this bullshit. i let out an annoyed groan and roll my head back. is he seriously starting this entire dilemma over. i've already learned my lesson. goodness gracious.

"sorry dad," i sarcastically spill.

"no, i'm serious. why were you sending nudes?"

"i don't want to get in an argument with you right now."

"who says it has to be an argument? i just want to know!"

"and i just want you to get out of my personal business."

"you sent it to me, jade. it is my personal business."

"whatever."

i huff. he looks at me, worried. his eyes dance across mine as if he's trying to understand me. his eyes look clouded with care while mine are probably black instead of the olive color that they usually are. he sure does know how to make things more complicated them they have to be.

he stands up, his height instantly making me feel weak. why am i feeling intimidated from my best friend? he steps closer to me. i look up at him, my lips pursing at the silence.

"the only reason that i'm as pissed as i seem, is because i find it weird."

i scoff at his words, not understanding any of them. his nose is mere inches from mine and i scrunch it up like i usually do and he laughs. well, there's my real best friend. not the one who's over-protective and full of strength and super hardcore. silly ethan is the best ethan.

"i guess, i never actually felt like you were a girl before-"

my face scrunches up into a sour one and he bursts out laughing before reassuring me that it's not what he made me think it is. that was probably the sneakiness way to diss me. he didn't even have to try.

"- like, sure i knew you were a girl. but, when i saw that picture it was like damn. you're a fucking female. with boobs and an ass and a coochie. it was just weird, cause you're hot as hell, jade."

i laugh, trying to overpower the awkward feeling i just got. he laughs too. he single-handedly fucked up my entire day.

i walk around him and sit on his bed. half of me is in a state of shock and the other is in denial. i have no idea what to say or do. my best friend just said i was hot, and to be deeply honest- he's hot too.

----------------------
go read my new ethan dolan book: overtime & follow the instructions!!

----------------------go read my new ethan dolan book: overtime & follow the instructions!!