5

yo yo, double update!! 25 votes??

jade lauren culver

he bursts out laughing at my laughter and i wipe my eyes. i have, hands down, never laughed that hard in my entire life. my shirt is still held up by ethan's balled fist and he lays his chin on my bare stomach. until we die down, only our laughter fills the room. then silence as we try and calm our breathes. then his voice.

"you know. if we weren't best friends i would date you."

i wonder what that has to do with anything that has happened today. he says it as if he's in deep thought and i shrug, not sure what to say. i don't think it should matter whether or not we're best friends, i tell him that. he nods, his eyes still staring off into space.

"it would be weird though. i mean, we're older. we've known each other all of our life's as simply friends. publicly dating would be something new."

"who said it would have to be public?"

i ask him. he turns to look at me and smiles before shrugging reluctantly. i can tell that he's perfectly fine with this situation whilst i'm itching with confusion and anxiety.

"well then we could be friends with benefits."

he asks of it more as a question and i turn to him. i look at him and shrug. he shrugs too before we both laugh. this would've been even funnier and understandable if i hadn't accidentally sent him that stupid nude. now everything has altered between us.

"is it because of the nude that you're acting liking this?"

"partially. i mean, i had never thought of you in that way before. it was thrilling. and it's even cooler knowing we have such a cool relationship with each other. like, hell yeah, i'm best friends with a hot girl that sends nudes. that's always a plus."

he sounds casual, his lips slowly moving as all of his attention is on the television. the words he said seemed off to me. he had just nonchalantly called me hot. and he managed to sneak in that he was turned on by the picture. i don't think i've ever realized how much of a player he is.

"then, we should do the friends with benefits thing."

i say barely audible. he looks at me, his eyes traveling to my eyes down to my lips before he turns back and shrugs. my cheeks are probably red and i instantly regret saying that. we've both had sex before, both lost our virginity, it wasn't bad. if he wanted to do it i was okay with it. it would be our secret.

'that's fine with me, but it's our secret. only."

i bite my lip lightly, nodding.

----------------------