Chapter 2

I woke up to the sound of my annoying alarm that will never shut up unless you hit the crap out of it. Today is Tuesday of the last day of the week because it's a short week. Even though it's the last day of the week there's still work of course. Can you guess who gives us that work? Freaking Mr. White gave us a report paper over a Supreme Court case and mine is Tinker v. Des Moines.

Being a freshman with a group of senior friends is awesome yet it sucks cause they'll be gone next year.

I walk up to the band room where we always hang out and grab my instrument, the euphonium, to take home over the summer. I walked up to my friends Brooke and Charley, the two I normally hang out with in our group. Brooke is super skinny, usually wearing converses, jeans, and some kind of t-shirt. Charley is a mixed gay boy usually wearing some kind of American Eagle shoes, some kind of jeans, a shirt, and his usual galaxy based jacket.

"So are we doing anything?" I question.

"Um, I'm not sure. Are we doing anything Charley?" Says Brooke.

"Some of us are talking about going to Rolling Cedar for a bonfire." Charley suggests.

The rest of the group comes up.

"So, is everyone down with that? Is that what we're going to do?"

Everyone agrees and we all split.

"I need a ride Brooke, if that ain't a problem."

"I got you" she responds.

I go to my mom's car and we head home.

We get home and I walk to my bathroom and start getting ready for tonight.

I jump in the shower, clean quickly, then get back out. I have to wait for my hair to semi-dry so I can gel up my hair. I blow dry my hair  to quicken the process. I throw the gel in and hold up my hair to hairspray it all around the outline of my long hair. I blow it dry on low cool so that it can dry the gel and hairspray faster and it's standing by itself. I fix it and hairspray to the way I want it. I look in the mirror and think "I look good," although I know everyone judges me when I do this. I literally don't care what people think about me. I'm doing me boo, and if you say I look bad, bye boo.

-HONK--HONK-

Brooke is outside and she sends one of her "here" texts. I walk outside and get into the car with Brooke.

She starts driving and I start singing. We get to Rolling Cedar to the beach. Everyone is already there and the fire has already started. I get comfortable on a rock by Brooke and we start talking. I look over the group and I see someone on the other side of the fire. He's probably a junior. He's super cute with long brown hair, wearing a plain white t-shirt, and skinny jeans.

I keep looking at him and I guess he saw me looking at him and he started looking at me. I quickly look somewhere else. I'm pretty sure he didn't see me looking at him. I looked somewhere else pretty quick.

I turn and start talking to Brooke again about how cute that guy is and all. Every now and then I looked over at him. But then I thought to myself I need to stop. So I did.

"I'm freaking cold." I say

"Then go by the fire stupid." Brooke says.