Chapter 7

The weekend went by slow, dreading on what happened. Finally, it was Monday so I could maybe make my way back into that group and talk about what happened. I get to school and I go to my first class. I don't see James or any of his friends until lunch.

Lunch gets here and I get my tray filled with the most disgusting stuff ever on it, meat loaf. Bleh!

I see James and his clique around a small rectangular table outside next to a glistening pond. I walked over to them.

"Hey guys."

"Hey Chandler" Gabe said.

James snapped a nasty look at Gabe. A look so deep that you could probably see your own soul through the reflection of his eyes.

Garett nods his head at me.

"Hey Chandler." James says with a fake smile.

"So does someone want this food? This doesn't seem very appetizing." I say.

"I will gladly take that." Garett says before he snatches it out of my hand.

"You're welcome?" I say questionably.

"Oh sorry. Thanks." Garett says back.

James looks at me and looks back down once he sees me notice him.

I start to think. I wonder why he would've beat up Gabe. It wasn't intended or implied to do that. Was it just because we were both drunk and he was going at it? I don't know really but I'm not gonna bring it to their attention so I'm letting it be. We all finished eating and we parted ways to our next class. The rest of the day was slow again. I can't seem to get it off of my mind. I cannot believe that happened. Whatever, forget it Chandler.

The last bell rang and I started walking to my mom's car. I was about to walk outside until I got stopped by Ethan. I have forgotten about him. What does he want.

"Hey Chandler." He says with a broken smile.

"What do you want?" I snap back.

"I just wanted to say I'm sorry for what I did to you. I have anger issues. I really want to apologize. I never want to hurt you and I care about you greatly." He says.

"You tried to punch me, you can't say you never want to hurt me whenever you almost did." I replied.

"I know.. I'm very sorry. Will you ever forgive me?" He questions me.

"I don't know Ethan." I say as I walk past him out to my mom's car where my mom is waiting for me.

"Hey son." My mother says.

"Hey." I say back. "What are we having for dinner tonight?"

"I'm too tired to cook so we're gonna go eat out tonight at Senõr Salsa's." She replies.

"Ok sounds good." I say

We get home and I go into the living room and sit down. I turn on the tv to Dance Moms because I forgot to watch it last night. I get done watching it and mom is ready to go out.

"Are you ready to go?" Mom asks me.

"Yea lets go."

We both get back I to the car and start heading to the restaurant.

We get there and we get out. The restaurant was a small building with crazy colors, Green, blue, yellow, pink, and orange. We walk inside and request a table for two. The host takes us to a booth and sits us down.

I pick up a menu and started looking over it. I'm most likely going to get what I usually get, the Johnson special. I see it and I put my menu down. In the corner of my eye I see someone staring at me. I don't know who it is. It's freaking me out. I look quickly over and I see who it is. It's James! He's just staring at me. I turn back around and try to block it out. I can't though I just can't take when someone is staring at me. I look back again and we lock eyes. I look away and look at his family who he's eating with.