Chapter 10

My head lifts from the desk. My heart thumping because the voice startled me.

"Chandler, if you fall asleep one more time in my class, I'll make sure that you're suspended from school for the rest of the semester!" Mr. White yells.

"Okay okay, I understand, I won't" I say in response.

"Ha!" He spits out. " it'll last a day at the most."

I roll my eyes and push the hair out of my face.

He continues on with his lecture and I barely pay attention.

It takes me a while to wake up from such a realistic dream. I can remember everything. Everybody's faces, everybody's names. Jason, Ethan, and James were my "boyfriends'" names. I don't know what that dream meant at all. I know I'm straight. I thought I already woke up in this class days ago, I guess I never did, it was a false dream I guess.

I look around the room to see the back of all of my friends' heads. Then, it hits me again, I saw Ethan and James in the class. I dreamt about them and... Dated them? I don't understand why I dreamt of them that way, they're my best friends and Jason is a good friend of mine I met at a band competition and we occasionally text each other. I can't believe everything was a dream.

Finally, the bell rang and everyone springs up and runs out of the class like normal but I slowly get up and walk behind everyone, still questioning what happened. I walk into the hall and go to my locker. I feel a hand touch my shoulder and quick kiss on my cheek. I quickly turn around to see a bleach blonde girl with a red shirt and tight, shiny black pants standing behind me. Oh yea, it's my girlfriend.

"Hey baby!" She says cheerfully.

"Oh, hey babe." I say kind of quietly. I clear my throat so she can hear me better. "What's up?"

"Oh I'm just getting ready to leave, are you ok? You don't seem like yourself today." She asks concerned.

"Yea I'm fine, I just don't feel very good right now I guess." I say back.

"Oh ok, I was gonna ask if you wanted to come over tonight." She winks at me. "But you're sick and I don't want you sick for too long so we can hang out."

"Alright, well I'm gonna go, so I'll talk to you later babe." I say.

"Ok I'll see you." She kisses me and I return the favor.

I walk outside to my mom's car and get in. She smiles at me and asks me how today went and I reply with my every day "it was alright."

She drives us home and I walk up to my room and take a shower. I get out of the shower and pick my phone up and text my girlfriend. We talked for a few hours about the usual lovey dovey crap that all relationships do.

I lay in bed looking up at my ceiling thinking about what I dreamt about.

I fell asleep and the same exact dream occurred with James being an ass "boyfriend", Ethan trying to punch me, and James being an awesome "boyfriend." I don't understand why I keep having this dream because I know I'm straight. Every time I slept, I had that same dream. It took me a year to get over that dream.

That was the year unforgotten.

THE END