Chapter 5

We leave the house and start driving to school. Oh god I am so pissed. I can't believe she did that to me. I keep my eyes outside the window. I don't want to look at her. I don't want to feel her presence to be completely honest.

We arrive at the school and I jump out and slam the car door. I start walking up to the school and I see a person at the corner of my eye who I've never seen before. He looks about my age with blonde hair and an average body type. He was wearing a red shirt and blue jeans. "He must be new." I thought. Maybe I've just not payed attention well or something, I don't know. I continue walking and I finally get inside to where people are all over the place like they always are every morning. Everyone is in there group of friends split apart from other groups. Out of those groups I see Ethan facing away from me. I walk over to him and tap his shoulder and he snaps around and looks at me. He looks calm until he realizes it's me.

"What?" He snaps at me.

"I just wanted to apologize for what happ-" I get cut off by him.

"I don't care what happened. I don't think you know what happened to the full extent. I know your mom blocked me but before she did that, she texted my mother and told her about me being gay. My mom knows about me now because of you. It's all your fault that my life is ruined. I didn't want them to know you asshole!" He screams at me.

"I-I'm sorry, I didn't know that my mom d-" I was cut off again.

"I don't want to hear your opinion anymore Chandler. Go away before I get even more mad." He says.

"But I just want to make everything better," I look down to see his fist clench up. "Please just let me apologize to you, I don't want to lose you."

He brings his fist back and I close my eyes and flinched because I knew I was about to get punched. I sat there and waited for a sharp pain from his fist. But nothing ever came. I open my eyes to a person catching Ethan's punch. It was the person outside earlier who I've never seen before! I look at him in amazement. I sit back as they argue.

"What the fuck are you doing James!?" Ethan screams.

"I was sitting back and listening, he didn't do anything to you, it was just his parents." James yells back.

"You just want to start something with your ole cousin don't you?" Ethan questions.

"No, I just don't want you hurting anyone else." James says.

"Fuck him and you." Ethan says and walks away.

Who is this guy? I can't believe he saved me from a punch. James... It's a cute name to go along with a cute face.

The day went by slow and I couldn't stop thinking about what that kid did. He doesn't know me and I don't know him, so why is he stop that punch? Maybe it's just because it was his cousin and he didn't want him to get into more trouble. Who knows.

The last bell rang and everyone stormed out as usual and I was the last out because I was physically and emotionally tired and could barely get through the day.

My mom gets to the front of the school and I get in the car with her. I'm not mad at her anymore. She actually kinda saved me because Ethan probably would have threatened me.

We get home and I sit in the living room. I get on my Instagram and check out his name, James. I type it in and fair enough, there he was. His last name is Conners. James Conners, ughhhhhh it's so cute. I click the follow button and immediately he followed me back. Wow that was fast.

I start looking through his photos, yes I know I'm a stalker, and I see a photo that is blank and in the description, it gave his number and he said to text him because he's bored. I look at the number, wondering if I should text him. I put his number into my phone and set my finger over the letters ready to text. I pull away and delete his phone number. Instead I put his number in my notes just in case if he deletes that photo and I might wanna text him.

I put my phone down and go to the bathroom upstairs. I put on some music and get in the shower. My music is always the same for the shower.

•Dangerous Woman- Ariana Grande
•Diva- Beyoncé
•Stone Cold- Demi Lovato
•Cheap Thrills- Sia

After those, I get finished.

I hear the everyday "dinner is ready!" call from my mom. I walk down stairs, grab a plate, and start eating.

"So how was your day." My mom asks.

"Eventful." I joke.

"How is that?" She responds.

Keeping it to myself, I say "just school work and stuff."

She nods and we continue eating.

I start thinking about James' number and if I should text him or not.

I head upstairs after I finish and lay in my bed still thinking about if I should text him or not.

I sit there staring at his number. Still questioning myself.

I don't know what to do. He might find me weird if I text him. He's straight so I just want to be his friend, but I don't want him to think I'm a weird kid. Ugh, I can't decide what to do. Should I or should I not. I don't know.

Fuck it, I'm doing it. I grab my phone and put his phone number into it. I'm still hesitating over the letters but after a while I put the simple greeting.

"Hey"