Chapter 2

Bianca's POV

I walked into the hospital, taking in the cool air as it brushed my face.

This was my regular routine, two days every week.

"Hello, Ms. Braxton, the radiation doctor is waiting in your usual room." Ms. Dawson, the front counter lady smiled.

Yup, I was a usual. I nodded my head and made my way to the elevator.

I stopped out on the floor where my hospital room is. Of course, it's not my hospital room, but it's where I'm always checked up on or treated. I stepped foot into the grim room and greeted my doctor, Mrs. Rockwell.

"Hello sweetie, please take a seat." She smiled. I hummed in response and sat on the bed.

"So, how are you feeling?" She asked. "Not that great. I mean, my legs gave out while I was walking up the stairs today. Everything has only been getting worse." I sighed, playing with the strands at the end of my hair.

"Have you taken your pills today?"

I nodded.

"Well, let's check your heart rate and get a radiation on your stomach." She instructed.

I knew the drill, without having her tell me anything more, I climbed into the tube bed and she turned it on.

As I moved throughout the machine, I couldn't help but feel really exhausted but they said that considering my condition that this is normal to happen.

The loud sound of the machine came to a decrescendo hum. Guess we have finally finished up the x-rays. "Ok, so how does it look?" I asked.

"Well, your stomach seems to be cramping up more and more. That's why you're so tired and weak all the time. Unfortunately, I have to say that's only gonna get worse for a while." She explained.

I sighed. Such great things to hear.

"But on a good note, the growth rate of the cells are decreasing, so you can continue to go to school and hanging out with all your friends. Just be careful with what you're doing and eating, I'll be sure to phone your sister to tell her the news." She smiled.

That'll be easy, I've been on a diet for a while now and it's not like I actually have friends to hang out with but at least I'll still be being careful.

"Ok, thanks. See you Wednesday." I smiled, leaving the room and going down through the elevator.

"Hey, Bianca right." I heard that addictively sweet voice.

I spun myself around to face Cameron.

"T- that's me. Thanks again for earlier." I stuttered.

"Oh, it's nothing. As long as you're okay, I guess. Hey, what are you doing here?" He asked, hands scratching the back of his neck.

Does that mean he actually cared about if I was okay? Wait, what did he just ask? A lump formed in my throat. There was no way I was going to tell him.

"Uh- May I ask you the same first?" I suggested nervously.

"Oh, my grandpa has diabetes." He mumbled.

"Oh, I'm sorry." I felt bad seeing the beautiful dimples on his face disappear. Maybe I shouldn't have asked.

"It's ok. He's getting better. So may I ask again how come you're here?" Cameron queried, this time looking unsure about asking me the same thing again.

Of course, I can't just tell him. I pulled out my phone from my pocket. I'll just pretend that I got a text message as a distraction.

"Awe man. My mom said I gotta get home ASAP. Sorry, bye." I rushed out and dashed for the subway station.

He wouldn't understand.

Besides, we weren't even friends. He would be freaked out if he knew just how messed up I actually was.