Chapter 8

San Diego- Day 6, 6:30pm

Bianca's POV

I woke up from my small nap, tears leaking out of my eyes.

My depression wasn't improving either, nothing was.

Of course, I hate feeling this way but it happens anyway. I try to force myself sometimes to be extra happy and lively, but that doesn't work.

We found out that my down moods were something clinical after only I'd been diagnosed. It was when my dad had left for the military. A war broke out and he was forced to go.

*Flashback*

"Brandy, watch Dora with me!" I smiled, as she walked by the living room.

"No. I'm going to watch new episodes of Once Upon A Time." She scoffed and left to go to her room.

I sighed, shaking my head. I hate that she never spends any time with me. She likes watching big kid shows. I guess I'll enjoy Dora by myself.

**

"Dad, wait! Don't leave! Beg them so you can stay!" I heard Brandy cry. I heard the thuds of heavy boots going down the stairs.

"I know, I know. It's going to be okay, sweetheart." Mommy cried.

"What's going on? Daddy where are you going?" I asked.

Daddy is wearing a weird uniform. A camouflage suit and a firm hat, with brown combat boots. My dad came closer to me, knelt down and brought his hand up to caress my cheek.

"Sweetheart, daddy's gotta go somewhere for a little while." He sighed, a tear sliding down his cheek.

"Where are you going?" I asked. He looked up at mommy as she nodded her head, "Bianca, have you ever heard of the army?" Daddy asked.

I shook my head, "Is it a group of arms that do everything together." I asked him.

"Nice try but that's not it, the army is the military force of the nation. And well, the people in charge of the country asked me to help out there for a little while. Since they are the people in charge, I had to say yes." He explained.

"So, what does this mean?" I asked.

"Daddy's leaving to go on a trip to the army and he's going to help out there for a bit." He held my hand.

"Daddy no! Tell the people you don't wanna go." I cried.

"But Daddy has to. If I don't, I won't be able to see you for an even longer time than I have to now." I shook my head, and grabbed onto his leg. He's not going to get anywhere with me holding onto him.

"Please let go, Bianca." I shook my head.

My mommy tugged onto me, trying to get me off him. I gripped even tighter, but Mommy pulled even harder.

"DADDY NO! PLEASE DON'T GO! I LOVE YOU DADDY!" I cried. He gave me a final hug and I sobbed on his shoulder.

"I will be back soon love, I promise." He kissed me on the head and walked to the car. I ran to mommy, hugging her and Brandy, who was crying as well.

*End Of Flashback*

I've waited so long. Years and years, I've been waiting. 10 years, to be exact. Just having the littlest bit of hope he'd come home but he never does.

We haven't heard anything back from him, and my sister has lost hope. She thinks he's dead and that they just never sent us a notice. Who knows? But I still like to hold on to the thought that he'll come back to me, like he promised.