Chapter 23

Cameron's POV

I panted as I wiped the sweat off my head.

Bianca was dead.

At least that's what happened in my dream.

I wonder if she really writes things like that? Does she really want to leave me?

Something tells me that it could be true.

I snatched the blankets off my body and I unplugged my phone from the charger, already dialing the hospital.

I have this terrible gut feeling that she wasn't ever going to get better.

I know this type of negative thinking isn't good for either of us but I can't stop remembering what she heard from the doctor.

I can't let that happen. Not in this lifetime, not in any. I need her to stay with me.

"This is UCLA Me-"

"Is Bianca okay? Can you check on her now? Should I come up there, because I will. Even though it's 3, that's no-"

"Woah, woah, woah! Cameron, she is totally fine. She just settled down and is reading some novel of hers. Everything will be j-"

A scream was heard from the background and I felt like the vibration from the echo had been passed through the phone line and onto me.

My eyes widened. That sounded exactly like Bianca's.

"Is it her?" I asked frantically, already slipping on a pair of skinny jeans.

There was a crash on the floor and then the line went dead.

Bianca's POV

I threw my food tray in the trash and my hands over my chest. I was disgusted. Really, chicken broth?

I absolutely remember that I just asked for Vitamin Water!

I picked up my journal and opened it up, starting a new entry.

Dear Dumb Diary,

I have a vybe that something bad is going to happen. My dad used to always say I was psychic cause I could guess a lot of things that were going to happen. Of course, I'm not actually one but...I don't know. I just have a feeling.

Cameron has become awfully clingy lately. He doesn't ever want to leave my side and sometimes even begs the nurses so he can stay with me at night.

It's what I've dreamed of for a very long time. To have him by my side forever but it wasn't like this, in a gloomy hospital. I don't mind the clinginess though, it's actually quite cute.

Having an amazing boyfriend like him makes me realize how much I really have. It's only my sister and him but that's a lot- that's enough.

I've longed to have more friends and for people not to make fun of me but my life has changed a lot and the only person I could imagine that would actually stick with me through this was Cameron.

I just want my life back. My mom, my dad, my sister and I, with the new addition of Cameron of course but my life is tumbling under my feet and I couldn't stop it.

5/24/14 2:59am

I dug back into my desk, pulling out 'The Maze Runner'. I had started reading the first book a while ago and it was really interesting. I smiled at the book, before turning to my bookmarked page.